Root Explorer

klumos

Reaction score
Anyone having a problem with root explorer? I bought it the other day from the market and it just shows a black screen. I am rooted I can run root manager, Titanium Backup, Screen capture, and Wifi Tether without a problem.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone having a problem with root explorer? I bought it the other day from the market and it just shows a black screen. I am rooted I can run root manager, Titanium Backup, Screen capture, and Wifi Tether without a problem.

Nope, no problems here. Did you try deleting and reinstalling? If you've already done that contact the developer.

Tesler32

Reaction score

Yeap no problem here either Root Explorer works flawless :motdroidvert:

Humpa

Reaction score
When setting the allow root options for an app you trust, sometimes you run into issues if you don't select "always allow".

jerroedr

Reaction score
Yo, I just got root explorer, for 4 bucks, and im wondering if its worth it. What is your guys opinion?

jeston

Reaction score
Depends on if you often need explorer like access to folders and files you wouldn't normally have access to, I guess. I bought it and don't regret it.

jerroedr

Reaction score
thanks! it let me theme my swype, and ive herd that it helps change boot animations, but i dont know what else...

jerroedr

Reaction score
in a top 5 app thread people said it was a must for root users. its just costly for a app, What else can it do?

drpaul07

Reaction score
in a top 5 app thread people said it was a must for root users. its just costly for a app, What else can it do?

you can view a whole bunch of files and folders that you can't access or see with astro. you can delete system apps with it to remove bloatware (i just add .bak to the end of the file to turn it into a backup in case i ever needed it for some reason). plus when i used a slayher kernel, i had to add a command to one of the files found in /system by opening a text editor so i could modify it (this was to get compcache to enable upon booting up the phone). It also seems to open up files faster that astro does. There's probably other things you can use root explorer for but those are the things i've done with it.

dboss007

Reaction score
I use it ALL the time. Well worth the money I paid for it.

P.S. Thanks for the AppWidget tip! VERY nice app.

dboss007

Reaction score

what do you do with yours?

I basically use it for all of the file management on my phone. Moving apps from the data partition to the system partition, installing apps, editing text files, etc. I had Astro installed as well, but I ended up uninstalling because it was a lot slower, and it was clunkier with other apps.

fishfood

Reaction score

what do you do with yours?

I basically use it for all of the file management on my phone. Moving apps from the data partition to the system partition, installing apps, editing text files, etc. I had Astro installed as well, but I ended up uninstalling because it was a lot slower, and it was clunkier with other apps.

I completely agree. Root Explorer does everything that Astro does when it comes to file management, but it's much quicker, operating almost exactly like your file manager on your computer.