Root and unroot using Revolutionary

EBryanRJr

Reaction score
Do you know if this can be done from a Mac or do I have to find a PC until i can figure out how to make it run on Mac?

EBryanRJr

Reaction score
Thanks a lot you were a lot of help.

So did I have root just not recovery or what?

If you have the time to explain it I'd appreciate it, I'm trying to learn all this Android development stuff.

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks a lot you were a lot of help.

So did I have root just not recovery or what?

If you have the time to explain it I'd appreciate it, I'm trying to learn all this Android development stuff.

You had the boot loader that allowed flashing a recovery, but had no custom recovery. Technically you weren't "rooted" but you flashed su.zip which "rooted" you. The s off boot technically is root in itself though

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

jshine1337

Reaction score
Help Please???

Is there a way I can uninstall the "Revolutionary" boot loader and reinstall the original boot loader (I already reinstalled the original rom for the Android OS), when I don't have the ability to start my Thunderbolt into the Android OS? The only thing I can get it to do is load the boot loader menu. (Otherwise, it just continually restarts at the HTC logo screen.)

I need to send my phone back to Verizon (as they sent me a replacement already) and I want to ensure it's reset to factory settings so I'm not charged.

djbassmekanik

Reaction score
My T'Bolt is currently flashed to Cricket Wireless. I have run Revolutionary, and am at the part where I cannot select recovery in the bootloader, asking if I would like to update. I know the answer is no, and that I need to delete the PG05IMG file, and proceed from there. If I do this, will that remove my flash from Cricket, or will I be ok?

**Update**
Well, I took a leap of faith and went ahead and deleted the file.Everything looks good. Now to get a ROM that I like and start having fun with my phone again. Thanks for all the useful info here!

Last edited: