[ROM] [ROM Release] AngelRom v0.6.2 5/12/11

Quinton92

Reaction score
phone freezes after hangup

For some reason this happened with both Fission and Angel, When I'm in a conversation with someone on my droid 2 global and they hangup first, the phone will black screen and be frozen there and require a battery pull. I heard it has something to do with the theme I'm using? I'm using the default angel theme I believe.. I haven't installed any I just flashed Angel like 5 minutes ago... If someone could tell me what's going on or tell me what theme works the best for them that'd be nice.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
This has happened to me on other roms. Fission mostly, what seems to work for me is just hitting the back a few times then hitting power. When turn it back on and unlock ur screen u should be back at the home screen. Give that a try.

Sent from my Angelic D2G using DroidForums

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Sorry about the no release thing .. wanted you to look over it and ok it before i released it out into the public... Es0 told me to go ahead and release it but i wanted your approval first before I did so since as we/he (meaning that i was trying to do it but screwed it up some how and he fixed my screw up)..used your rom .. It wasnt meant to be released it was just something i wanted to try but he told me to go ahead and release .. just wanted your approval first!

Lol i heard about that. Its all good though, told him on gtalk to go ahead.

Ill probably be going ahead and releasing his themed rom on saturday.. he kinda brushed it off because i had found some menu/text issues.. nothing too serious .. and if you know where certain menu items are .. its no big deal .. or atleast it wasnt for me .. besides .. it gives us a lil something different from just fission themes ..

ok .. released the AngelicCha0s themed rom in my thread at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-roms/148958-angeliccha0s-v0-6-2-a.html#post1533619

Quinton92

Reaction score
This has happened to me on other roms. Fission mostly, what seems to work for me is just hitting the back a few times then hitting power. When turn it back on and unlock ur screen u should be back at the home screen. Give that a try.

Yeah It's done it on both for me.. consistently... never fails to black screen. And I cannot hit the back button and if I use the keyboard back button and try it nothing happens.. So idk.. I guess I'll just have to run stock... It's quite a bummer. What themes were y'all on? I feel like my theme is disabling something during phone calls

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Psj77

Reaction score
Stupid question, but should I sbf, update to the lastest OTA and then flash this? Or is it ok to just wipe cache/data and flash this? I'm currently running fission.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score

Yeah It's done it on both for me.. consistently... never fails to black screen. And I cannot hit the back button and if I use the keyboard back button and try it nothing happens.. So idk.. I guess I'll just have to run stock... It's quite a bummer. What themes were y'all on? I feel like my theme is disabling something during phone calls

Dudes. Just press the power button on the top of your phone. Hitting it a couple times is not doing anything.

Quinton92

Reaction score

Dudes. Just press the power button on the top of your phone. Hitting it a couple times is not doing anything.

I have.. Nothing happens. If I hold it.. nothing. If I press it 10 times... nothing... its just an unresponsive phone till I battery pull

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Stupid question, but should I sbf, update to the lastest OTA and then flash this? Or is it ok to just wipe cache/data and flash this? I'm currently running fission.

I personally would get back to stock version with the OTA before flashing anything . but tats just me .. im a bit ocd...

kickyindahead

Reaction score
here is mine ...

Attachments

• snap20110522_145801.png
    snap20110522_145801.png
    219.1 KB · Views: 228

wilboy

Reaction score
It's better to flash new ROM w/the latest OTA update from Verizon....yes u can flash it but be sure to wipe data and cache,don't forget to back up first b4 you wipe the cache/data...just in case...:)

wilboy

Reaction score
To the (OP),this is one really nice ROM,I'll stick w/ this,actually,been using this for a week or more i think.Keep up the good work!:)

jt1359

Reaction score
I've noticed my clock sometimes doesn't update itself? I'm not sure if this is the ROM's fault or not, but I don't think I ever noticed it on Fission.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1306102348463.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1306102348463.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 202

bdsullivan76

Reaction score

I have.. Nothing happens. If I hold it.. nothing. If I press it 10 times... nothing... its just an unresponsive phone till I battery pull

Sorry if I sounded rash. My screen blacks out everytime, but a simple push on the power button always brings it back to life. Hope you figure it out.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
You dont have to, but I usually do if I switch roms. If it is an update I dont sbf unless instructed to. When switching roms I like to SBF just to make sure I start from a clean slate.

From the sounds of it, this is the same issue I had, but I had it on Liberty, and stock 229 and stock 330, so I have, in my case, narrowed it down to a hardware issue. If you have had the issue on 2 different roms I would lead towards a hardware issue for you as well!