[rom] plainjanet2 v2.0 release

Aries

Reaction score
IT WORKED!!
Thanks again!
By far the best way to get the ROM loaded. Now if i can only remember how I had my icons laid out before.
(Any Tips on the overclocking would be great)

This is amazing.. still have to get used to the font though

OP
T

T2noob

Reaction score
IT WORKED!!
Thanks again!
By far the best way to get the ROM loaded. Now if i can only remember how I had my icons laid out before.
(Any Tips on the overclocking would be great)

This is amazing.. still have to get used to the font though

To change the over clocking settings Download Setcpu from this thread Here
You can get setcpu there or on the market for 1.99
I would suggest trying to over clock at 710 see if your phone reboots or freezes if it doesn't go to 729 then see if it reboots and repeat the process until it reboots.
Once it reboots you know not to go above a certain setting.
For example mine reboots at 768 so i know my settings have to be 748 and below otherwise my phone will reboot.
just play with it until you find the right spot and don't check the "set at boot" option until you found the stable settings.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

mamawm

Reaction score
since this rom is based on the 2.1 ota, does it also have the same settings? specifically is "quiet phone on pickup" still there. this setting wasn't there in 1.5 and i'm pretty it is the source of all grief and consternation for all of us who are dealing with phones that only ring when they want to (even tho we have this option unchecked).

OP
T

T2noob

Reaction score
make that i'm pretty sure it's the source.

Yea this is total stock besides adding Root, a2sd, deodexing and scripts
I added alternative links because people were having problems with multi-upload.

Aries

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help!!

And thanks to the developers!! Great job!

Edit: Has anyone figured out Flash for this? I saw a video with kongregate.com working witch needs a flashplayer

Last edited:

riadav

Reaction score
I couldn't get this ROM to load at all, would get to the splash (may be wrong term) screen then just reboot.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get this ROM to load at all, would get to the splash (may be wrong term) screen then just reboot.

Really? That is weird. I had no problem once I flashed the ROM with it. I am assuming you had a backup you took prior! :)

riadav

Reaction score
yeah was strange, thinking maybe something got corrupted on the download, i did have a backup i was able to restore...gotta love nand!!

riadav

Reaction score
I downloaded a fresh copy of the archive and still no luck flashing....same problem...guess this rom doesn't like my eris. is there a way to see the debug information when it's booting up? might help me identify what's going on.

OP
T

T2noob

Reaction score
I downloaded a fresh copy of the archive and still no luck flashing....same problem...guess this rom doesn't like my eris. is there a way to see the debug information when it's booting up? might help me identify what's going on.

yea connect your phone turn it off and run "adb logcat > boot.txt"
from a terminal or in windows command prompt
But in order to do this you need to have adb installed and the drivers set up correctly.
then turn on your phone.
That command will make a boot.txt where ever you running adb from with everything your phone did (or tried) when it booted up.

riadav

Reaction score
here's the part of boot.txt right before it chokes...let me know if you need more information...