[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been running rubiX 1.9.5 for months now and like it plenty, but I'm thinking about changing it up and trying something newer.

What are the advantages of switching to Liberty 1.5 from rubiX 1.9.x? I have looked at the details for Liberty 1.5 but I'm not seeing any huge incentives to switch; it'd be nice to hear the opinions of people who have experience with both ROMs.

Since it take 5 minutes for a nandroid and 5 minutes for Liberty install, one way to find out would be installing it. The OP in itself tells you what the ROM offers. JMO:) No need for me to type out what everyone has said through the thread. Its a long thread.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
HORRIBLE BATTERY LIFE!! When fixed it will be a flawless ROM!!!

I don't know, seems pretty good to me.
aefd4c49-1b0e-9b0f.jpg

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The truth about battery life and roms:

Developers really can't do too much about it. Please, someone go look at every rom changelog there is and count how many times people implement battery saving features. If they do I would like to see what they did cuz it's probably not much. The truth is battery life is more in the hands of the end user. Look at battery saving tips.. there are a lot and some of them actually work.

That being said we might add back some blur files that might be causing issues and could increase battery life a little. That is only because services are looking for blur and it's not there. If you want to help out try this update.zip: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/126295-reboot-freeze-up-issues.html and report back if you notice any difference.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
The truth about battery life and roms:

Developers really can't do too much about it. Please, someone go look at every rom changelog there is and count how many times people implement battery saving features. If they do I would like to see what they did cuz it's probably not much. The truth is battery life is more in the hands of the end user. Look at battery saving tips.. there are a lot and some of them actually work.

That being said we might add back some blur files that might be causing issues and could increase battery life a little. That is only because services are looking for blur and it's not there. If you want to help out try this update.zip: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/126295-reboot-freeze-up-issues.html and report back if you notice any difference.

+1 JRum. Actually I found the way I set my phone up and run it I get the most battery out of it. I don't want any battery tweaks or undervolting changes to any ROM I use. Build it how you build it and everything is good.

People love the toolbox option. But IMHO...I think they spend a lot of their time modifying/installing things that cause battery drain. Not the themes, logos and animations you provide. The time spent looking through it, installing it and display. And since most of it calls for a reboot, they are draining even more battery.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

King Yitz

Reaction score
1.5 update

hello,

i've yet to install the 1.5

should i install that AND then this upgrade?

or should i just wait and see how things work out first?

thanks

Bulldog60

Reaction score
The only feature I miss from the Blur Contacts app is being able to add/edit birthdays for contacts. If this gets added, I will love Liberty forever.

Use the "more" option and type an entry in the notes section.

droid fetish

Reaction score
Im going to stay with liberty, what is the best way to clean all of the old files off of my phone and sd card? I had this idea of loading liberty as I run it now onto another sd card the doing a maderstock load on the phone then formating the old sd card, Is my thinking wrong? or will it work?

pinhead875

Reaction score
main settings menu>call settings>blacklist

Please help with the above setting. Every time someone calls me, their phone number is automatically added to my blacklist. How can I make this not happen? I can never receive a second call from anyone!

Thank you!

Running DX 1.5 since release (wiped all before install), Linear Theme, just noticed why I hardly ever get any incoming phone calls!