[ROM] MinimalX

blake

Reaction score
Then I'm definitely in the wrong recovery, are you using Clockwork?

Did I miss a step?

you need to have a custom recovery. I assume anyone who has this rom already knows about that. Im not sure its technically called CW but it looks the same and says GFAN.com or sumthin.

NYG24

Reaction score
Then I'm definitely in the wrong recovery, are you using Clockwork?

Did I miss a step?

you need to have a custom recovery. I assume anyone who has this rom already knows about that

Ok I'm familiar with flashing roms, I probably flashed every rom possible on the Droid 1, but I'm not too familiar with how the DX2 works I guess. I'm obviously missing something, so would you be so kind to direct me? How would I go about a custom recovery?

NYG24

Reaction score
Ok new problem. When I install it, recovery says: "Installing update..." and nothing happens.

Edit: Nevermind. Figured this one out too.

OP
C

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm about to flash another version. I'll update with results!

OP
C

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So here's the deal. Flashing the ROM leads to a bootloop, but using the nandroid files, you can restore it perfectly fine.

On a side note, I really need to work on my project, so if you don't get an update for the next few days, that is why.

I wish I knew the solution to this problem.

OP
C

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So your saying flash the rom, back up with nand, restore with nand and it won't loop?

Droid X^2

Well, I'm not really sure, but that probably won't work.

Let me explain what I mean. This time, while developing, I decided to take a different approach since I had been landing in bootloops all the time. I decided to dump my system to my computer, and edit there, and using adb I would push the files to my phone and make all modifications that way. Doing this, I thought, would be more efficient in finding the stability of the ROM. Plus, after I had everything pushed and all the modifications, I would then make the files a flash-able ROM given they were all functioning. I would do a nandroid before flashing, so I could restore and start off development where I last left in case of a bootloop.

So, after having everything pushed and modified, the phone was running great. I had minfree values, debloated, a lot of AOSP, modifications to almost every file, and other build.prop and sys edits. I made a nandroid, and then tried to flash the ROM. I bootlooped, so I just decided to restore the nandroid. It restored perfectly fine and runs flawlessly. So I'm not necessarily sure of the conflict of flashing this vs restoring the nandroid.

Hope this clears it up.

Soocold

Reaction score
Sounds like an issue with packaging the zip together. Can you look at nand side by side with the zip to see what's missing?

Droid X^2

uglykidjoe

Reaction score
can't download some apps

i installed the rom and everything seems good but i am unable to download some apps in the market. is this normal, has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know how to fix it.