[ROM] MinimalX

OP
C

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
With Gingerbread leaked, and the OTA already received by soak testers, such as myself, I am sorry to announce that development for Minimal X is coming to an end....

Buy with that said, I am pleased to announce that I will continue to develop for the X2.

GingerSnap for DROID X2 will carry all the features of Minimal X + more!

Expect the first release soon!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Did the update unlock the bootloader?

No, bootloader is still locked, but luckily they didnt pull an Atrix and make the bootloader so different that SBFing bricks the phone.

As far as the bootloader being updated means to users... absolutely nothing. Sucks it isn't unlocked but it could be worse.

OP
C

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm gingerbreak still work?

No, gingerbreak doesn't work for 2.3.3. If you want root, you will have yo flash p3's prerooted update.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

xgrinder911

Reaction score
Hey Johnson if you ever need anything tested im your man, im really handy at fixing my phone so don't worry jus tell me what to do!

Im trying to start a new DROID X2 tester so if anyone needs testing jus contact me!

DX2

thespikr

Reaction score
having problem with camera on DX2

im having problems with min x beta 2.0 my camera wont work everytime i try to use it my phone freezes and i have to do a battery pull please help thank you

xgrinder911

Reaction score
Would the stock apps zip work on, say, the gingerbread eclipse rom? If so how would I do it I want the stock music back.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Xgrinder And Thespikr Both Of You Create Backups First. Xgrinder For You Try Pushing The Stock Players Apk And Odex Into The /system/app Folder Changing The Permissions. Thespikr After You're Done Creating A Backup Try Flashing Without Wiping I Don't Believe It's Necessary Because You're Not Applying Anything New. Good Luck To You Both.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Might be a noob question here but what do you mean by change the permissions? Cuz I was going to try this with the message app. I really miss being able to type as many characters as I want not limit by 160 per message as in gosms