Rom Roundup

Alucard103

Reaction score
Rom Roundup (Updated 9/28/11)

Hey guys, I was running a nandroid backup and got bored so I decided to start this thread. I go back and forth though multiple forums trying to get all the latest info on the roms in the works. I have a lot of time on my hands atm >.> So I will use this thread to try to organize and list all the roms in the works with links and stuff. If I missed anything plz tell me and I will add it.

Minimal X beta 2.0:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-roms/160617-rom-minimalx.html
  • Based on Froyo 2.2
  • Developer C21johnson
  • Development canceled due to Gingerbread update
Gingersnap: (no link)
  • Will be based on Gingerbread 2.3.3
  • Developer C21johnson
  • No release yet, but soon
  • "will carry all the features of Minimal X + more!" quote by C21johnson
Affinity Rom:[ROM] Affinity ROM [Beta] - xda-developers
  • Based on Froyo 2.2
  • Developed by Saint Isaiah
  • Last update 7/26/11
CortexX2: [ROM] CorteX2 [GB ROM ANNOUNCEMENT][8-16-11] - xda-developers OR http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-roms/163273-rom-cortex2.html
  • Based on Froyo 2.2
  • Developer Ryman222
  • Plans to port it to Gingerbread
  • Last update 8/7/11
  • Development canceled in order to focus on Oxide rom.
Oxide: Pulled.
  • Based on Gingerbread 2.3
  • Developer Ryman222
  • Last update 7/21/11
Eclipse: [ROM][GB]Eclipse v0.7 (9/28/11) - xda-developers
  • Based on Gingerbread 2.3.3
  • Developer nitroglycerine33
  • It is what I am running :)
  • last update 9/28/11
cyanogenmod: (no link)
  • No real details yet. Only know that he is working on it and is making progress considering the bootloader wall:angry:
  • Developers dragonzkiller and dragonzone
  • NOTE: dragonzkiller has stoped working on cyanogenmod. navenedrob has picked up the project. dragonzkiller will still assist when needed.

Bamf'd Rom: (no link)
  • Based on Gingerbread 2.3
  • Developer Thatdudebutch
  • "It will be a whole Rom" quote by Thatdudebutch I guess that means built from the ground up or not based on anything.
  • He will release a barebones base soon. "It will (have) an optimized base with performance edits, some light framework mod/GB theming." quote by Thatdudebutch.

Atrix 4G Stock 2.3.4 Port: [POLL][ROM]Atrix 4G Stock 2.3.4 ROM + Ports and Development Thread - xda-developers
  • Based on Gingerbread 2.3.4
  • Ported by navenedrob
  • Last update 9/22/11
Alien Port: [ROM][PORT][UNOFFICIAL]Alien Build #4 X2-BETA **WIFI FIXED[UPDATED 9-23-11] - xda-developers

• Based on Gingerbread?
  • Ported by dragonzkiller
  • Last update 9/23/11
GingerBread Phone 7 Rom: [Rom]GingerBread Phone 7 v0.24b (9/26/11) - xda-developers
  • Based on Atrix port by navenedrob
  • Developed by Peperm1nt
  • Last update 9/26/11

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Can't wait to try out the gingersnap. Any info on when it might be available? Also curious on cyanogenmod I have heard a lot about it. Was running the original version of eclipse but had to sbf due to mytry own errors last night. Now I see second version of is out and am getting ready to try it. Just hope I don't have the camera issues others are although I know the next version he said it will be fixed.
GREAT thread. Thank you for this. Hope constant updates on this thread occur

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Can't wait to try out the gingersnap. Any info on when it might be available? Also curious on cyanogenmod I have heard a lot about it. Was running the original version of eclipse but had to sbf due to mytry own errors last night. Now I see second version of is out and am getting ready to try it. Just hope I don't have the camera issues others are although I know the next version he said it will be fixed.

I was planning on releasing it last week, but unfortunately, spare time complicates things. This is my last week of work, then I have a week break before I start class again. Release should be expected then if everything carries out smoothly.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
Alucard103

Alucard103

Reaction score

I was planning on releasing it last week, but unfortunately, spare time complicates things. This is my last week of work, then I have a week break before I start class again. Release should be expected then if everything carries out smoothly.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Sweet!!! take your time. Even if it takes a while, as long as we know its coming then we are happy.

BaLListic_Evo

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am running a nandroid backup and got bored so I decided to start this thread. I go back and forth though multiple forums trying to get all the latest info on the roms in the works. I have a lot of time on my hands atm >.>

So I will use this thread to try to organize and list all the roms in the works with links and stuff. If I missed anything plz tell me and I will add it.

Minimal X beta 2.0:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-roms/160617-rom-minimalx.html

• Based on Froyo 2.2
  • Developer C21johnson

• Developer C21johnson
  • "will carry all the features of Minimal X + more!"

• Based on Froyo 2.2
  • Last update 7/26/11
CortexX2: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-roms/163273-rom-cortex2.html

• Based on Froyo 2.2
  • Developer Ryman222
  • Last update 8/7/11
Eclipse: [ROM][GB]Eclipse v0.2.1 (8/9/11) - xda-developers

• last update 8/9/11

• No real details yet. Only know that he is working on it.
  • Developer dragonzkiller
BMAF is working on a 2.3 rom as well you can see details over at rootzwiki.... BMAF Butch is the dev....

This should be the first real rom to be released...:icon_ banana:

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am running a nandroid backup and got bored so I decided to start this thread. I go back and forth though multiple forums trying to get all the latest info on the roms in the works. I have a lot of time on my hands atm >.>

So I will use this thread to try to organize and list all the roms in the works with links and stuff. If I missed anything plz tell me and I will add it.

• Based on Froyo 2.2
  • Developer C21johnson

• Developer C21johnson
  • "will carry all the features of Minimal X + more!"

• Based on Froyo 2.2
  • Last update 7/26/11
CortexX2: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-roms/163273-rom-cortex2.html

• Based on Froyo 2.2
  • Developer Ryman222
  • Last update 8/7/11
Eclipse: [ROM][GB]Eclipse v0.2.1 (8/9/11) - xda-developers

• last update 8/9/11

• No real details yet. Only know that he is working on it.
  • Developer dragonzkiller
BMAF is working on a 2.3 rom as well you can see details over at rootzwiki.... BMAF Butch is the dev....

This should be the first real rom to be released...:icon_ banana:

Got a link please?

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I love how people have so much beef about Minimal X and the idea that it wasn't a whole ROM and it was based off a Chinese release. So what?! Simple fact was, something needed to be released to uplift DX2 users' spirits.

So, anyone who wishes to complain, or make rude gestures about Minimal X, please take it up with me. I wouldn't have a problem telling your nerdy ass that I honestly don't care about your opinion.

BaLListic_Evo

Reaction score
I love how people have so much beef about Minimal X and the idea that it wasn't a whole ROM and it was based off a Chinese release. So what?! Simple fact was, something needed to be released to uplift DX2 users' spirits.

So, anyone who wishes to complain, or make rude gestures about Minimal X, please take it up with me. I wouldn't have a problem telling your nerdy ass that I honestly don't care about your opinion.

I supported Minimal X and appreciated it greatly. It was the first release of anything to indeed uplift the community. I am however looking forward to a fully released rom with some additional features. My comments were in no way directed towards you. Thank you for your support but perhaps you should check your attitude at the door.

Ninja Edit: I do not have the ability to modify roms nor is it a skill I wish to acquire as I have entirely to much on my plate as it is. I do However appriciate any effort that someone puts into a release of a rom if it has bugs or not.

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I supported Minimal X and appreciated it greatly. It was the first release of anything to indeed uplift the community. I am however looking forward to a fully released rom with some additional features. My comments were in no way directed towards you. Thank you for your support but perhaps you should check your attitude at the door.

Ninja Edit: I do not have the ability to modify roms nor is it a skill I wish to acquire as I have entirely to much on my plate as it is. I do However appriciate any effort that someone puts into a release of a rom if it has bugs or not.

I am unaware of who you are, and I never recall you saying anything against MinX. So, my apologies if you received this as an attack towards you. I said that directed towards other devs who have stated in their ROM notes that it is a full ROM and not a Chinese knockoff. It's unnecessary and only asking for trouble. Really, there is nothing wrong with my attitude; I was simply responding to those who are disrespectful and are blatantly calling me out. If anyone wants to speak anything personal, then PM me.

BaLListic_Evo

Reaction score

I am unaware of who you are, and I never recall you saying anything against MinX. So, my apologies if you received this as an attack towards you. I said that directed towards other devs who have stated in their ROM notes that it is a full ROM and not a Chinese knockoff. It's unnecessary and only asking for trouble. Really, there is nothing wrong with my attitude; I was simply responding to those who are disrespectful and are blatantly calling me out. If anyone wants to speak anything personal, then PM me.
Gotcha I knew you were more reasonable than that :) lol I understand it does suck to have someone undermine your work just because of its base. Regardless the rom was a first and ran fine on my phone all the way up untill the official 2.3.3.

Thanks again for MiniX and continue your work no matter what some other dev has to say :)

Also damn text it has no emotion involved ;) it is sometimes hard to read someone exactly lol.

OP
Alucard103

Alucard103

Reaction score
updated :) Also I will now pay attention to what I post and how I word it, so I do not get anyone mad or annoy them.

Winkly

Reaction score
For those of you waiting for CM7, it's going to be a looooong wait.Once the bootloader is broken (See 2nd init), development can begin. How much of the core CM7 code can be used is anyone's guess. Being as this is a dual core phone I tend to think less core CM7 code can be used, leading to extensive re-writing of the exisiting CM7 code. CVPCS spend 5 or 6 months getting CM7 running on a stock DX, this is a whole new animal in a way, and in some others it's quite similar.