[ROM]Fission Vanilla 2.1 - 11.13.2010 - Generic Android

OnoSendi

Reaction score
random reboots still in 2.2.1
Same man. Are you using LauncherPro? I'm trying to figure out what it is that's making it random reboot. Or, maybe it's just the ROM. It's not like it's a full reboot either. It doesn't go all the way to the start of the "M" logo, only to "Android".

mjones1052

Reaction score
Anyone able to send pictures with 2.2.1? I can receive some of them, not all, but I can't send any just keeps saying sending. I only wiped before going from 2.1 to 2.2.1, but I just SBF'd and started from scratch and still can't.

nateohio

Reaction score
Newb questions

Hey everybody,

I'm pretty tech savvy but I have never rooted a phone before. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the process of rooting and installing a new rom reversible? Basically, so VZW won't know that you rooted. Maybe with a back up software like true image for computers.

2. I'm thinking of doing this because I hate most of VZW's applications in the app folder. I know they aren't able to be deleted in an unrooted phone, but would I be able to clean out all the crap in this vanilla rom?

3. Any other advice or help you guys can offer would be truly appreciateddancedroid

OnoSendi

Reaction score
Rooting your phone will allow you to delete all the crap in your app drawer. However, fission comes stock with all the bull**** deleted. Yes, you can reverse your rooted phone. You use a program to flash back to stock with a downloaded .sbf file.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm pretty tech savvy but I have never rooted a phone before. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the process of rooting and installing a new rom reversible? Basically, so VZW won't know that you rooted. Maybe with a back up software like true image for computers.

2. I'm thinking of doing this because I hate most of VZW's applications in the app folder. I know they aren't able to be deleted in an unrooted phone, but would I be able to clean out all the crap in this vanilla rom?

3. Any other advice or help you guys can offer would be truly appreciateddancedroid

The guy above is correct. You can rest easy that you can achieve everything you want and it can be fully reversed. Not only that but the process of changing things from time to time is fun!

nateohio

Reaction score
However, fission comes stock with all the bull**** deleted
Orignally posted by Angdroid:
Upgarded almost all Apps to Android 2.2.1 version and VZW apps to the latest versions.
What was Angdroid talking about with the updated VZW apps then?

Also, thanks for the replies guys.

noisufnoc

Reaction score
so in order to get 2.2.2 you need to donate first?

once you donate, are you able to get later updates?

noisufnoc

Reaction score
I had to email him to get the download info.

How do I verify that the phone updated successfully? I tried just updating over top of Fission 2.1 w/o wiping.