[ROM]Fission Vanilla 2.2.1 + Fission ROM Manager - Generic Android - Happy Turkey Day

abhoward9

Reaction score
When I installed i did everything that they said, wiped cache, data, then factory reset within android. My fission folder wasnt removed though, more stuff was just added within. I still have the add on's and stuff that were there I just have a couple more folders now, Is the rebooting when connecting to usb just a 2.2.2 thing or are people using 2.2.1 experiencing it too? Everyone that experiences it should go to the team defuse website and click on google dogs, then issues, and report it so they will fix it for us. Thats the only bug I can find, its not a big deal and I still feel fission is the BEST rom for the D2, I can live with it but I'd like a fix and if more people don't report it the're gonna think its just me.

BTW: Dont you guys love the visualizations in the music player!
didnt know there were visualizations in the music player, but i've always thought visualizers, whether on a computer or phone, were just a good way to needlessly waste battery. regardless the WINAMP beta kicks the stock player's ass, hope its still free when it gets a full release, but im definitely buying it if its not. you should check it out.

trook

Reaction score
I saw winamp, and I know theres a free version. Ill have to check it out. Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

marty1966

Reaction score
Hey CW, looks like you dropped something...

That said, I'm still not clear if I need to update from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2? I do not have the reboot lock screen issue. Any other reason to update? The only change noted on TDF site is reboot issue fixed. Thanks.

devinhfox

Reaction score
Hey just a quick question, does the mount system/data step come before or after the wipe data? I've seen conflicting opinions on this.

corydunbar

Reaction score
is anyone having a problem with the car home.apk in fission v2.2.2? it says its car home v2.2.1 but i don't get any of the functionality that 2.2.1 brings. I cant move icons or add new ones.

tbutcher80

Reaction score
I am having a terrible time with this. I have a rooted droid 2. I downloaded bootstrap. I hit bootstrap recovery and get success. I hit reboot recovery...nothing happens. I went into normal android recovery and flashed to factory. Tried again and the same thing happens.

Any idea what I can do?

Flowah

Reaction score
Is Swype not working for anyone else?
2.2.1, and being told that it was not designed for the phone in question, and so it will have problems.

I swype around and nothing shows up. No letters, no words.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey just a quick question, does the mount system/data step come before or after the wipe data? I've seen conflicting opinions on this.

The mount system/data is after the data wipe.

I am having a terrible time with this. I have a rooted droid 2. I downloaded bootstrap. I hit bootstrap recovery and get success. I hit reboot recovery...nothing happens. I went into normal android recovery and flashed to factory. Tried again and the same thing happens.

Any idea what I can do?

What options are coming up when you hit reboot recovery?

2.2.1, and being told that it was not designed for the phone in question, and so it will have problems.

You need to refer back to post #18.

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Any idea what I can do?

download rom manager and flash clockwork recovery, then exit rom manager. then try to bootstrap into recovery. if it still wont, turn your phone off, open keyboard and hold x and power til it goes into recovery. DONT try to boot into recovery through rom manager. i was having the same problem yesterday and after i flashed clockwork it was fine

Flowah

Reaction score

Ok so I have that apk, but I've already installed the one from the add-on folder, so when I attempt to install the new one, it doens't let me. Trying to uninstall the old one through settings>>apps>>all>>swype, and it doesn't give me the option, uninstall is greyed out, even after force stopping and switching to the other keyboard.

Do I really need to just reflash? -__-

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Ok so I have that apk, but I've already installed the one from the add-on folder, so when I attempt to install the new one, it doens't let me. Trying to uninstall the old one through settings>>apps>>all>>swype, and it doesn't give me the option, uninstall is greyed out, even after force stopping and switching to the other keyboard.

You may be able to uninstall via Root Manager, but don't do it until someone else confirms.

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

if you have root explorer go system>app>long press on swype and delete it. then reinstall the apk. if no root explorer, either google and get it, or reflash.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you look at their change log, 2.2.2 is already out. It's donator-only though, which is a clear violation of the GPL(the license that android is released under).

I'm just trying to keep Team Defuse out of any possible legal trouble...

Now if only they would release the source...

Fission 2.2.2 is already out in beta. It's not final yet, and when it's final, it's released to everyone. How about you quit stepping on their toes, and let them make a buck for all their time?