[ROM]Fission 2.4.3 Droid2 - Vanilla Generic Android - AOSP Like - Fission ROM Manager

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with slider colors? In vertical, they're transparent. In horizontal, they're gray.

m16516

Reaction score
Just wondering i saw a swype black. how do i use that one as opposed to the whit one. cause the white one looks bad with this rom.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just wondering i saw a swype black. how do i use that one as opposed to the whit one. cause the white one looks bad with this rom.

You download, then flash in Clockwork.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, I had my first reboot today. It was charging and I was watching Flash video. The phone was at around 34 degrees celsius.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

sangamc

Reaction score
love this rom but ... Downloading is a chore

I feel for all the posters who say they cant find the rom or FRM on the teamdefuse.com website. It is not mobile friendly at all, and i actually went to my iphone to DL the rom manager and emailed it to myself :(

Other than that with the right steps in place it is a great way to go with your D2G

zero7404

Reaction score
poking my head in here .... sorry i did not take the time to go over all 7 pages of the thread.

i'd like to rom my d2g for the first time, thinking of using fission. which build is available for my phone ?

does this process need a custom bootloader ? would gsm capability work (i've had my GSM unlocked) ? any major bugs/issues with this platform that will cause the phone to restart or behave weird ?

edit: i read it requires bootstrap ... i have a question about this. if i loaded the custom bootloader, but at a later time i chose to go back to the vzw/moto stock rom and used the available sbf, would it remove the custom bootloader when i flash the phone with rsdlite ?

holmes6

Reaction score
poking my head in here .... sorry i did not take the time to go over all 7 pages of the thread.

i'd like to rom my d2g for the first time, thinking of using fission. which build is available for my phone ?

does this process need a custom bootloader ? would gsm capability work (i've had my GSM unlocked) ? any major bugs/issues with this platform that will cause the phone to restart or behave weird ?

edit: i read it requires bootstrap ... i have a question about this. if i loaded the custom bootloader, but at a later time i chose to go back to the vzw/moto stock rom and used the available sbf, would it remove the custom bootloader when i flash the phone with rsdlite ?

SBF (+ data/cache format) restores the phone totally afaik.

read the FAQ here, may help. moto droid x/2/etc are have different bootstrap vs. other phones
My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)

zero7404

Reaction score
thanks holmes ... i want a vanilla rom, but without added bootstrap, something i can just flash onto the device with rsdlite ....

if such a rom exists for the d2g ....

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks holmes ... i want a vanilla rom, but without added bootstrap, something i can just flash onto the device with rsdlite ....

No developer develops an SBF to flash from RSD Lite. You have to use Bootstrap if you want a custom ROM. There is no other way around it.

zero7404

Reaction score

No developer develops an SBF to flash from RSD Lite. You have to use Bootstrap if you want a custom ROM. There is no other way around it.

why is that ... not possible?

posted via android

zero7404

Reaction score
ive got bootstrap recovery set up, downloaded the rom via frm, now i have a question before i do this:

i use mybackup pro for my backups, but titanium to freeze apps. i have apps frozen (mostly moto bloat), will this give an error if i use mybackup pro to restore titanium ?

also, i assume this rom is rooted, so would i need to restore z4root?

posted via android

zero7404

Reaction score
i tried out fission ... didn't really like the feel much. a few things i noticed are better integrated in the stock rom, some better features (or lack of) in fission, overall i felt i wanted to go back to stock. didn't notice much of a speed difference with all my apps installed ....

gave it a shot at least

[Ennis_D]

Reaction score
Okay, so I am trying to play with the D2 my gf owns and I am running into problems. Last time I tried to install per your instructions, I had an EPIC fail. I would click backup prior to install, wipe data+cache, and click install. NOTHING happened. Did this a few times and gave up. The next day, she calls me from her work phone saying her phone has installed something new looking but the phone keeps cutting off randomly and boot-looping at start up. I restored to factory and left it alone.

I just now tried to mess with it again and one I hit install, NOTHING happens. Tomorrow she will call me with the same deal again.

Can anyone help me here?