[ROM]Fission 2.3.1 RC2 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

wilboy

Reaction score
First Andriod, Easy install.. I'm loving it, works great in Italy!

Are you saying GSM/HSPA radio works with Fission ROM?

Correct amigo!! U'r gonna see that on..settings>wireless&networks>mobile networks>...and you'll see:Data Enabled - Data Roaming - Network Mode - GMS/UMTS Options and CDMA Options. Rememeber that this is just a RC4 not yet finalize....and THANKS goes to ANGDROID!dancedroid

waynebunch

Reaction score
works great with GSM/HSPA. The only problem I had was I couldn't get GSM to connect at the initial D2G "setup" screen ( I forget what it was called) The screen where you set up your google account and can't do anything until it's setup. I just had to walk down the block for some wifi and got it right set up. D/L's were at a cool 130kbps, seeming even a little better than stock. All apps that I've seen work with it...market, facebook, and some poker games ;) Thanks alot guys, as a computer science guy who refuses to do any programming, I'll be donating to the people who enjoy doing it.

wilboy

Reaction score
this one seems to be working great so far! Thanks! So are you suggesting that we not install the new market apk yet? And even though the first post in this thread still talks about "What's new in RC2", should we assume that the US SIM card functions are still not included yet (i.e. we still can't use AT&T SIM cards in the phone in the US)?

had the same question about the sim card

No I do not have the sim card packages in there yet. I think some blur is required for them. Once I am done with the base of the ROM I will start adding some of that stuff in.

ROM is almost final...just some graphis to fix up and that's about it if all the functions are working correctly.

I am suggesting to not install new market yet, seems funky but do as you please.

Yes it is RC4, I may have just forgot to change the install script to reflect that. Been working on this ROM FRM, webiste and the D2 and DX ROMs too so it is a bit hectic around here :)
This is what ANGDROID says!....Oh and he said after this ROM..we all gonna have a THEMES....yeah man!!!I'm happy w/ my RC4 now!No problem...and it works great!:)

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Same here really liking the RC4 and the speeds are awesome on my phone. really smooth/fast and how the D2G should have come! Now all I need is a Gingerbread theme and my D2G will be good to go!!

wilboy

Reaction score
Hahaha..We will enjoy having D2G starting now...like my D1 b4!!

mrtubz69

Reaction score
HELP will a d2 theme work on my d2g

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

wilboy

Reaction score
If we have SBF,we don't have to worry to try all those! :(

wirecutter

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Hotmail via Exchange works properly on this ROM? It's terrible on stock....

wirecutter

Reaction score
Also wondering if there is a way to backup and restore Nuance mobile? Or is it in the ROM?

wilboy

Reaction score
Also wondering if there is a way to backup and restore Nuance mobile? Or is it in the ROM?
Have had a lot of apps. since D1 and it's all here on my D2G and still working!! It will automatically sync. to your gmail account.

I'm just using Hotmail account,it sucks(sometimes) when u use 3g but great for WIFI!

waynebunch

Reaction score
Lock Screen

I have noticed that when my screen locks while playing music, the unlock slide is at the same level as the pause, rewind, and FF buttons, making it tough to unlock. I'm not going to lie, I'm drunk and I don't feel like looking to see if this has already been posted, bugged, any of the like.

chris975d

Reaction score
I've seen talks of the latest ROM release working with GSM 3G in Italy, but can I also assume that the RC5 is allowing 3G GSM (aka, At&T) to work in the US? Does this remove the lockout on AT&T's frequencies?