TheDarkDroid

TheDarkDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Bootstrap should work just fine, I just recommend people use safestrap.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
No I haven't had time yet I have been swamped at work and got married last weekend and put an intake on my car.... my plan for this week or week end is to do it.... after trying to install that last patch I noticed my battery life is back to sucking... but I know it's some with the phone itself and not your rom. I plan on doing a full sbf back to factory then reinstalling safe strap and this Rom with patch. I'll report in as soon as I get it done.....

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
TheDarkDroid

TheDarkDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
No I haven't had time yet I have been swamped at work and got married last weekend and put an intake on my car.... my plan for this week or week end is to do it.... after trying to install that last patch I noticed my battery life is back to sucking... but I know it's some with the phone itself and not your rom. I plan on doing a full sbf back to factory then reinstalling safe strap and this Rom with patch. I'll report in as soon as I get it done.....

Congrats on getting married! :D

As per the ROM, just do it whenever you're free. You've become my little test subject, lol.

Also, I have noticed (not just with my ROM, but any ROM) that the more I flash things over, the slower/groggier things get, and battery life starts to "meh" itself. I'm going to SBF soon myself, I'm starting to see the effects... Though today, after being unplugged since 7:30 am and just now plugging back in at midnight, I was at 56 percent. Pretty good if I do say so myself :)

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
I don't know about subject... more like minion! Lmao yea before the groggyness I could go 12 hours and be down to 60-70 percent... but that was also with changing some apks to Bak.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Congrats on getting married! :D

As per the ROM, just do it whenever you're free. You've become my little test subject, lol.

Also, I have noticed (not just with my ROM, but any ROM) that the more I flash things over, the slower/groggier things get, and battery life starts to "meh" itself. I'm going to SBF soon myself, I'm starting to see the effects... Though today, after being unplugged since 7:30 am and just now plugging back in at midnight, I was at 56 percent. Pretty good if I do say so myself :)

I've seen this "im going to sbf the clear things up" across the board. You have to realize that when you sbf to clean up the system AND using safstrap, you flash to the stock /system that you don't even use. To save yourself a lot of time and grief, you can just fastboot flash the /reinstall partition to clear up the system, you are actually using and not have to screw around with the whole reroot process. I flash and flash and flash stuff all the time and I am well aware of the grogginess. If you guys manually format /system, /data, /cache, and dalvik cache, the grogginess disappears. I haven't sbfed since safestrap was released.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
I know, but before installing a custom Rom I installed a couple of scripts on the factory Rom and changed some apks to Bak. this has to be where my problem lies. I haven't had to sbf my D3 yet So I personally want to do a full wipe then not touch the factory rom and install dark side again to test the patch and help him test all his stuff. This Rom rocks.. I rooted my wife's d3 and installed the scripts and changed the apks to Bak and she has had No problem with great speed and battery life. She won't let me do a custom Rom on hers... lol. If you read the posts you can see the issues I am having... I am confident that a full wipe will take care of my issues..

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
I've seen this "im going to sbf the clear things up" across the board. You have to realize that when you sbf to clean up the system AND using safstrap, you flash to the stock /system that you don't even use. To save yourself a lot of time and grief, you can just fastboot flash the /reinstall partition to clear up the system, you are actually using and not have to screw around with the whole reroot process. I flash and flash and flash stuff all the time and I am well aware of the grogginess. If you guys manually format /system, /data, /cache, and dalvik cache, the grogginess disappears. I haven't sbfed since safestrap was released.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Thanks for the tip. After my full wipe and sbf I will use this method.

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
Have you tried to install again after doing a full wipe yet?

Hey bud I just did an SBF and installed everything with the latest patch and market keeps force closing so I cant even tell if it will let me update any! any clues....

OP
TheDarkDroid

TheDarkDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Hey bud I just did an SBF and installed everything with the latest patch and market keeps force closing so I cant even tell if it will let me update any! any clues....
Reinstall the 1.0 build again and disregard the patch for now. Or, go into the patch, and delete the vending.apk inside it, and flash that (after reflashing the 1.0 build).

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
Reinstall the 1.0 build again and disregard the patch for now. Or, go into the patch, and delete the vending.apk inside it, and flash that (after reflashing the 1.0 build).

Ok I went into patch and deleted vending apk. formatted and reinstalled everything. Everything updated perfect EXCEPT google search. now the other issue is that it took away my root privileges. I still have super user but it wont grant anything root privileges... I am going to delete that out of the patch as well and try again..

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
Reinstall the 1.0 build again and disregard the patch for now. Or, go into the patch, and delete the vending.apk inside it, and flash that (after reflashing the 1.0 build). <br>
<br>
<br>
<br><br>
Ok I deleted super user from patch and re did everything. everything except google search updated and now there is an update in the market for superuser. It wont update because it says not signed correctly. I also still dont get root priviledges.

OP
TheDarkDroid

TheDarkDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Bawls.
Just wipe, install 1.0, and disregard the patch.
I have the working files/patch somewhere in my email (or a little bit back in this thread, don't remember), but I'll try to have a real and working fix out tomorrow.

OP
TheDarkDroid

TheDarkDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Working on a maintenance relase (one build, no patch). Right now, everything works fine (market apps, root) but getting errors on updating Google Search.