252.9 KB · Views: 258
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334255449248.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1334255449248.png
    230 KB · Views: 271
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334255469821.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1334255469821.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 219
Reaction score
Well CM7 was going great for me but I hit a big speed bump that wiped my system out. I was trying to adjust brightness levels when the system rebooted and promptly went into a boot loop. :icon_eek: Could not recover. I was forced to use stock android recovery and do a full data wipe. Then I installed CM7 Recovery and used it to restore from nandroid backup. Lost call log and text messages but nothing I care about. Not sure exactly what happened or how. Let this be reminder to those using this. It's a beta, a good beta but still a beta. Make sure you have backups before you change settings or gather data you can't afford to lose. :blink:

music life

Reaction score
I actually have been having a few problems with CM7 lately too. Getting a fair amount of FCs on just random stuff lol.

Still better than what i had tho so not complaining to much

Reaction score
Except for the bootloop crash and some issues with wifi (which seem to be fixed using the cronjob fix by Moon Shadow) this has been rock solid. I was getting random reboots, multiple text messages, if I took a picture and let the system hibernate with the camera app in foreground the camera would crash requiring reboot. It lagged no matter what I tried. Most of the blur mods sucked. I'm glad it is gone. Probably will not buy moto again for next phone.

music life

Reaction score
Yes i have to agree. I will prolly go samsung or HTC next time. But i say that now but by jan2013(upgrade) im sure all companies will have some cool stuff out that i will want. lol

Now that i know how to root tho that will certainly be taken into consideration.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Yes i have to agree. I will prolly go samsung or HTC next time. But i say that now but by jan2013(upgrade) im sure all companies will have some cool stuff out that i will want. lol

Now that i know how to root tho that will certainly be taken into consideration.

Im for sure rooting my next device now that I know how too. Can't wait. I need a device thats got a lot of developers and ROMs. I have become a flashaholic and need somthing new. I don't see a bright future for the X2's development saddly. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong though.

Sent from My Rooted DROID X2/MB870 Running CM7

ziggityz

Reaction score
I flashed CM7 last night and have noticed a few bumps...LED notification for handcent doesn't work, I'm getting the known WiFi issue, random force closes, google contacts that were backed up via google will not restore. Now that being said...this is my first time ever running a custom ROM and I understand this is still in beta, I am happy so far with the results, feels like what this phone should have been from the box. Is anyone else having these problems, should I reflash?

music life

Reaction score
I think contacts is a CM7 issue. I also am getting some FC's lately. and sadly even getting some super lag at times :s

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Dzk is working on both CM9 and mostly an updated CM7.2 RC1. Been following him on twitter and asking if I can join the beta test. Will inform you guys more when I hear more. Seems like the only issues he's been having on CM9 are camera and MMS. Not sure what and or if any issues have been found/told about the CM7.2 RC1. But like I said, i'll let you guys know more when I know more.

Sent from My Rooted DROID X2/MB870 Running CM7

music life

Reaction score
So CM7 was awesome at first. Now adays it seems like i get FC's like mad. Causing me to reboot multiple times a day.

Any advice on this problem?

Also trip is that new update nice?

Trip3601211

Reaction score
So CM7 was awesome at first. Now adays it seems like i get FC's like mad. Causing me to reboot multiple times a day.

Any advice on this problem?

Also trip is that new update nice?

Very nice bro, Id sugest flashing it. Has ICS animation, new sytle of lock rings called blade which looks slick. Very smooth. Havent had many FC's accept for some root apps which Id expect. When flashing this new one though, DO NOT flash the tether patch at the end. Flash the ROM then the Gapps only. I found out the hard way and had a hardcore rebooting issue at the CM logo. Had to SBF 2 times the other night in order to get this back to normal. Youd love it bro...7.2.0 RC0 is outdated now anyway...I'm sure DZK will be getting around to the other forums to replace the one your still on. Run into any problems bro you know who to ask. Enjoy. And sorry to hear youve been having soo many problems.

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Droid X2/MB870 Running CM7-RC1

music life

Reaction score
So far its sweet. Very smooth and fast. Lets hope it stays that way this time :s

is the mash up no longer good?

Trip3601211

Reaction score
So far its sweet. Very smooth and fast. Lets hope it stays that way this time :s

is the mash up no longer good?

No it is not...they must be updated as it messes with the build and it has been upgraded so they need to put this build in it.

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Droid X2/MB870 Running CM7-RC1