X2 Bootstrap Recovery APK

Lotho

Reaction score
I tried both keeping the phone on the charger through the whole process and plugging it in after installing the recovery.

I hit install a few times, each coming up with "Install Successful" but the phone still hangs on the Motorola Logo.

By uninstall the recovery do you mean install the app, uninstall it, reboot, and reinstall? Because I'm doing an android recovery after failed recovery

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I tried both keeping the phone on the charger through the whole process and plugging it in after installing the recovery.

I hit install a few times, each coming up with "Install Successful" but the phone still hangs on the Motorola Logo.

By uninstall the recovery do you mean install the app, uninstall it, reboot, and reinstall? Because I'm doing an android recovery after failed recovery

Uninstall App, Shut Down, Pull Battery, And Reboot To Reinstall The App.

Lotho

Reaction score
Ok, just followed those instructions.

From Andriod Recovery:
1) Initialized device with Google Account and Verizon Backup Assistant
2) Installed System Recovery via Root Explorer
3) Uninstalled System Recovery
4) Rebooted Device
5) Removed Battery
6) Waited 30 seconds
7) Started Phone
8) "Install Recovery" .... Grant Superuser? ... Yes ... Install Successful
9) Rebooted
10) Ran Recovery, pressed Install again, plugged in device, pressed Recover
11) Still waiting for device to come back up.......

Lotho

Reaction score
Device didn't come up for more than 10 minutes. I unplugged it, booted it, uninstalled the Recovery, shutdown, pulled battery, waited 30 seconds, reassembled, and started it. Then I installed the Recovery again, pressed "Install Recovery", plugged it in, then "Recovered". But my device still won't get past the Motorola logo while plugged in.

I got the device only like 3 days ago. Is it possible for the firmware to be different? It says it's running 2.2.2 though....

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I'm Gonna Guess This Is Your First Attempt At Installing This Recovery. If You Downloaded By Phone Sometimes The Apk Can Get Messed Up. It's Also Possible You Got A Bad Download Too. Under My SBF Sticky I Linked My Recovery App. Try Downloading It From Your Phone, I'd Recommend A PC.

Lotho

Reaction score
Indeed, it is my first time installing this recovery. I tried redownloading the apk from both the first post of this thread and your stickied SBF thread but that doesn't seem to help. I don't know what to else to try

Lotho

Reaction score
Yes, I downloaded it though my PC and transferred it to the phone by putting the phone in USB Mass Storage mode.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I'm Just Throwing Crap Out There Now Because You're The First That Uninstalling And Reinstalling Hasn't Worked For.Try A Factory Reset. I Hate These Problems That Make No Sense. 9/10 Something The User Has Done Or Is Forgetting A Step. Plus This Is Stupid Simple Install The App, Hit Install Then Reboot With The Charger Plugged Into The Wall. Doesn't Get Anymore Simple.

Reaction score
Reboot With The Charger Plugged Into The Wall

That is the step most people screw up. YOU CANNOT plug this into the usb port of your computer. IT WILL NOT WORK. You MUST use the wall charger. Bet large sums of monopoly money that is what the problem is.

Lotho

Reaction score
Yeah, after SBFing everything worked as instructed