X2 Bootstrap Recovery APK

Reaction score
I am slow, got the apk installed, will try to make a backup later.

Sent from my LGB v0.9 Gingercomb Juiced DROID2

oakvad

Reaction score
I can't even dl it. Says file not supported on this phone. What gives

Reaction score
Download it, then use a program like root explorer to extract the apk from the file.

B0bby

Reaction score
Works just fine, backup and restore. just make sure you have it plugged into an a/c adapter.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Installed and works great. Butvwhere can we find some instructions on it? Its little more advanced then the DROID 2. Also has anyone tried the fix permissions yet? Would it or does it help?

oakvad

Reaction score
Download it, then use a program like root explorer to extract the apk from the file.

I got it. I dl firefox then dl it. My stock browser won't let me dl anything. Already made my backup. Works great thanks to all the devs

OP
C

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Massive update on original post!

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice update to your thread bro! Dang helpful

xgrinder911

Reaction score
Can someone please post pics and changes of any (if any) of the Chinese rom??

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Can someone please post pics and changes of any (if any) of the Chinese rom??

Not sure about the Chinese ROM, but Jrummy is on twitter talking about porting over liberty for the x2 community... talk about awesome.

xgrinder911

Reaction score
I came from the og droid, how good is this liberty exactly?

Reaction score
I came from the og droid, how good is this liberty exactly?

I love it. It is the only rom I've flashed on my phone so I cant compare for you, but my friends are also running it and tried apex first, if that helps at all.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/151637-rom-liberty-gingerbread.html

At the very least it means you are getting dev support, which is never a bad thing.

Cant wait till things start rolling for the X2. This recovery is just the tip of the iceberg.

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just curious.. do u also need the sbf to flash roms if or when they become available.. I have system recovery installed and created a backup already.. just wanna know ill be good to go to flash roms.. im new to the root game but im learning as quick as possible.. let me know whoever can.. thanks in advance for any tips

Reaction score
Just curious.. do u also need the sbf to flash roms if or when they become available.. I have system recovery installed and created a backup already.. just wanna know ill be good to go to flash roms.. im new to the root game but im learning as quick as possible.. let me know whoever can.. thanks in advance for any tips

Thats going to depend on the ROMs. Depending on what firmware they are built for will determine whether or not you need to sbf to install it. For example, when I was on the leaked and rooted GB and went to liberty, I didn't have to sbf. To install CM7, I do have to SBF (even though it is based off GB) and if I wanted to install liberty 2.0 (instead of liberty GB 0.8) I would also have to SBF.

You should be familiar with SBFing before doing ANY flashing IMO, because SBF will save you time and time again.

Rhino413

Reaction score
So this may or may not be seen as a dumb question. Does this recovery allow the flashing of kernels or is this just another type of reovery similar to the one used on the original X that allows us to install cooked stock roms. So i guess my question boils down to will this allow the flashing of leaked roms.