[ROM BETA] Fenom ROM Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

lerit50

Reaction score
I don't have setcpu installed and still I had some reboots with Fenom. Maybe 1 or 2 since I flashed the rom yesterday.
Probably it happens when you reach certain threatshold of memory. That's when it crashes. I was installing and restoring a lot of apps this past day.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

It's possible, but I highly doubt it. I've flashed my phone countless times, restored apps countless times, softbricked my phone numerous times, and still don't have any major issues, certainly not like many are describing.

I truly think it's an issue with the baseband a the more I look at it.

--
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk Pro.

I still have random reboot with this from. It only seems to happen when I unlock my screen the same time I get a text message. Never had this problem with any other rom, but this is the only one I've used for more than a couple hours other than fission. Had no reboot with fission, and I am on the latest updates from vzw/motor.

Having the same problem. Cannot confirm if it is because of getting a text message at the same time though. If this is fixed this rom will be absolutely perfect on my phone.

Sent from my FENOM'd d2g

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Had to do an sbf last night because I did something very stupid. But since reloading .93 I have not had any force closes on the gallery. And still have not had any random reboots. Been running this rom since the first release and loving it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Masamichi7

Reaction score
Hmm, its odd how varied the experiences are with this. I've only had one random reboot so far, and I can't replicate it. This ROM is running more Stable for me than Fission did.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

lerit50

Reaction score
Hmm, its odd how varied the experiences are with this. I've only had one random reboot so far, and I can't replicate it. This ROM is running more Stable for me than Fission did.

Exact opposite for me. Fission was so stable and im having problems with this. Only problem is that I forgot to backup my fission before I went to fenom. Im looking to stay on fenom and get this ironed out though.

Sent from my FENOM'd d2g

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
Hmm, its odd how varied the experiences are with this.

Same thing I'm feeling. I find it strange that some people have no issues, some have a few issues, and still others have tons of issues. It's so varied that it's hard to track down. I'm among those who have zero issues (save for what I've already described a few posts above).

Those of you who are having issues, and are willing to help get it solved, can you all PLEASE do me a favor?

*PM* me the following information (I want to preserve peoples' privacy)

1. Describe, as best you can, when the reboots most often occur. Making a call? Sending a txt? Just locking the screen? When do they occur, and how often (i.e. every time, sometimes, sporadic).
  2. Any and all apps you've downloaded and installed. This means apps from the Android Market, Amazon Appstore, or any you've installed (i.e. downloaded from the web and installed from your SD card).
  3. Any and all customizations you've made to the ROM. This includes themes, icons, different Launcher, etc. No matter how small you think it might be.
  4. Any settings you may have changed. This includes anything you changed in "Settings" (i.e. Battery Manager, Call settings, etc etc)
  5. Any accounts you use. I'm NOT asking for e-mail addresses, I'm asking for types, i.e. Gmail, Corporate, and the number of accounts you have sync.

Even a few of you who are willing to help, and aren't having any issues, if you too could send this info my way, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to find a common ground here, anything and everything that could even remotely cause something like this. I want it narrowed down and fixed, if at all possible.

I appreciate the time from anyone who will do this. I know it's a bit time consuming, but I truly appreciate the effort.

jt1359

Reaction score
Has anyone who has gotten reboots still gotten the reboots after flashing back to a stable backup?

kickasz23

Reaction score
No problems or reboots that I didn't cause my self or fc's...using fissson black out theme

satoru

Reaction score
Nice to see this being updated, will flash this tonight and report bugs, if any. Nice work, keep it up! ;)
Edit: Just flashed, works great so far. Much better than fission. Not sure about the launcher. I have been using golauncher ex for so long. Feels like it but not the same. Will report back in a couple days.

Last edited:

hgrimberg

Reaction score
If that's the case, then it may be that reboots are more frequent due to some of you coming from 2.4.29, which has an older radio baseband. I may include the new(er) baseband in the next version, but that's the only thing it could be

I updated after SBF and get reboots here and there.

I find that if I unlock quickly after hanging up on a call it will reboot. I think unlocking while phone is going from 1Xrt to 3G causes a hiccup. Also, I rebooted because I unlocked right when I was getting close to a "remembered" wifi.

Food for thought.......

I think you are the one closer to the truth... I think it has to do with unlocking while phone is going from network signal to no signal or vice versa or even from wifi to no wifi... just my thought.

BigJermZ

Reaction score
is anyone able to connect to wifi?
just flashed fenom and i cannot connect to my wifi

kickasz23

Reaction score
Yeah I use wifi all day to connect to my sd card on the phone haven't had any issues on this rom at all one reboot but was my own error

BigJermZ

Reaction score
Ok i ama currently bringing it back ti stock and will try it again, ROM dan faster then muy friend new atrix...nice Work fenuxx

Riesj

Reaction score
Updated directly from Fission to beta 0.9.3 last thursday.

I've only had one reboot till now, wasn't paying a lot of attention so I'm not sure how it happened. The phone did experience quite a few reboots on unlocking when running Fission (at least once every 2 days). So so far I'm pretty happy with this ROM.

Masamichi7

Reaction score
Hmm, now it seems I can connect to Wifi, but it won't actually download or ping the network. How weird.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Try a sbf after that check for system updates while you are unrooted then re root then bootstap recovery an re install fennux rom

Status
Not open for further replies.