[ROM RELEASE] HeXen ROM 1.0.0 (Froyo) FINAL

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
Its a bug, which we haven't been able to figure out, but should be solved in time for HeXen 2.0.

znkr

Reaction score
Is there a way to add html support to the email client in Hexen? It really annoys me to only have plain text support.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bosun120

Reaction score
Hi, I just flashed this ROM on my Droid 2 Global (after reverting to stock using sbf). However I can't get any network signal using SIM card from T-Mobile, I'm using it in Global mode. Any help would be appreciated. With Fission gone I'm afraid this might be the only stable D2G ROM around.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The d2g is simlocked to vzw in the US. You wont get signal without getting it unlocked via team black hat first....

bosun120

Reaction score
The d2g is simlocked to vzw in the US. You wont get signal without getting it unlocked via team black hat first....

Well my D2G was working fine under (the recently deceased) Fission ROM without doing any unlocking of bands or anything, so that's weird.

Btw, does anyone know where I can still download the Fission ROM zip since Team Defuse site is gone? Thanks.

seraph44

Reaction score
Sim card with password

I just installed HEXEN a week ago and I"m about to try it again from scratch. I have 3 different SIM cards (1-verizon stock, 1- mexico-no password protection, 1-mexico-with password protection). My phone was previously unlocked with the verizon password to have SIM capabilities. I installed Hexen with the password protected SIM and everything went great unti I got to the slide screen. I just saw the "X" flashing on and off and it was requesting a 4-8 digit password. Only way I could enter a password was by sliding open the manual keyboard. I tryed both the SIM password I orginally had and it didn't unlock. Then I tried the verizon password and that didn't work either. I think I ruled out the verizon password, because I restarted the phone with the mexican SIM with no password protection and it works just fine. Is there anyway to get that SIM card unlocked?

I'm going to Korea next month and I'm wondering if I purchase a SIM there, will it work?

The other thing is my bluetooth, which is the reason I'm starting this whole thing over. Also wish the cam had more modes like panoramic, etc...

Can't complaint though great job guys!!!!! Thanks for the hard work!!!!
***update*** just finished sbf, root and Hexen installation. Got Bluetooth working after doing the OTA, which I forgot the first time.
For the SIM that had a password. I was able to unlock it and remove the password right after SBF; Did not give me the issue mentioned above after HEXEN was installed.
Still would like a certain answer if the SIM's will work properly under HEXEN or if anyone has tried to use a foregn SIM using Hexen yet....
D2G
Hexen ROM 1.0.0

Last edited:

Axinex

Reaction score
Well, all I can say to try and defend myself against any mistakes, this is my first attempt into rooting and flashing custom ROM's, so bear with me please >.<
Followed the instructions exactly as stated. Went to reboot, got to the Motorola M and it stayed there. Left for an hour to let it do it's thing and come back to find it right as I left it. Managed to get my phone rebooted into ClockworkMod Recovery and restored to my pre-flash stock ROM.

My Procedure:
1. Rooted my phone using SuperOneClick v.2.3.2
2. Downloaded HeXen, moved .zip file to SD card
3. Used the mentioned Bootstrap to backup, wipe, and install HeXen from .zip
4. Rebooted from ClockworkMod
5. Encountered problem
6. Yanked battery after waiting an hour
7. booted into ClockworkMod
8. Recovered pre-flash ROM *whew*

Help greatly appreciated! :D

EDIT: Gonna nuke my phone and start over and see if that works.

Last edited:

Axinex

Reaction score
Gingerbread, my good sir. Also, tried again with fresh downloads, wiping phone, etc. no cigar.

thesoldier

Reaction score
Oh my, well there is your problem lol. Hexen is a froyo based rom! You'll have to sbf back to 2.2 and then flash it. I loooooved using hexen when I was running it. Do you know how to sbf?

Sent from my D2G on CM7

Axinex

Reaction score
No, but I started thinking "well wait a second here, I'm running Gingerbread..." xD

Anywho, I'm gonna pass on Hexen and just find a Gingerbread-based ROM now. Thanks guys!

thesoldier

Reaction score
You're welcome! I recommend cyanogenmod as it offers plenty of features. Check it out if you'd like.

Sent from my D2G on CM7

PuneE

Reaction score
You're welcome! I recommend cyanogenmod as it offers plenty of features. Check it out if you'd like.

Sent from my D2G on CM7

I was trying to find a GB ROM too. My head is spinning in circles. Maybe it's just me but it seems like such a mess for the D2G. There's the Droid2WE from CM7, another CM4D2G by Revnumbers I think..different versions being thrown about, bugs being reported here and there many times without clarity to whether it was Rev or CM7 they're using.

Im just hoping to find something solid because I have a few D2Gs that belong to a few relatives that's been on Fission since.. well.. Fission. I really like HeXeN w the stock feel, but that's froyo, while the Liberty3 ported from the D2 has critical bugs like that mirror camera that dont seem like it'll be fixed.

Is there a GB ROM at all for the D2G that doesnt have major issues?
working camera, wifi, data, CDMA & SIM , etc?
goddamnyou Motorola..

wildbill86

Reaction score
I tried cm7 and liquid, horrible battery life on both. Cm7 functioned better, but I still went back to hexen. Needed good battery. I also found a swype keyboard that works, t9 flex on Amazon app store, since swype beta quit working.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited: