[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Question! My brother is on stock rooted froyo. I want to get him on cm. Can I do it the same way I did it? Dl the all in one installer, rename to update.zip etc... or is there an easier way? I don't want to mess him up. I'm dl the tbh file now.

CM74D2

Well, he isn't running any ROMs and is just rooted on stock so all he has to do is...

- Download latest build #16 put it on root of SD Card or in a folder
- download gapps zip and put on root of SD Card or in a folder
- mount system
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- wipe dalvik cache (make sure system is still mounted)
- go back
- select the Build #16 zip
- install
- go back and select install zip from sd card
- select gapps zip
- install
- reboot

This is slightly different from what you had to do because you were running off of the leaked GB and Liberty GB ROM. He doesn't have to do the same thing because he is already on rooted Froyo.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will need to download the latest nightly, boot into Clockwork, wipe everything and flash. Make sure you also download and install the Gapps (Google Apps zip) and the all in one fix for the torch/camera and battery increments.

So basically 3 files to flash

Edit: sorry, just read the posts above me. If you have any questions about it man, let me know and I'll try and help.
CM74DX

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Swagger had me covered, but thanks. The fixes your talking about are for the dx. Don't think I need them on the d2. Just the nightly and gapps. My brother will be happy im sure.

Oh yeah, no need to format in his case right? Just wipe.
CM74D2

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Yeah no need for your brother to format anything on there. That's just only if you were on a leaked GB + GB ROM.

Also, build #10 or #13 took care of the Torch issue and 1% increments. Build #14 took care of camera issues.

Last edited:

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I may have found another bug.

It seems like the Battery Use is inaccurate. Some people should check on this and see if they see the inaccuracy too.

To see Battery Use:

- press Menu softkey
- click Settings
- scroll down to About Phone and click that
- click on Battery Use
- look at the amount of time the phone has been relying on the battery

I've had my phone off the charger since around 10am. My Battery Use time is showing 1h 21m 49s (1 hour 21 minutes and 49 seconds) on battery (off the charger).

It is now 3:43pm. So that is inaccurate. It should be reading 5 hours 43 minutes and whatever seconds.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Swagger had me covered, but thanks. The fixes your talking about are for the dx. Don't think I need them on the d2. Just the nightly and gapps. My brother will be happy im sure.

Oh yeah, no need to format in his case right? Just wipe.
CM74D2

Ah my bad. I thought you said your bro had a DX before... :eek:

CM74DX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
My battery is accurate as far as I can tell. I did just calibrate it this morning though. I always do that after a rom install

CM74D2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK so whenever I wake up the phone, the brightness auto jumps to 100. I have to keep setting it back to 50. Can I fix this somehow? Anyone else having the same issue?

CM74D2

chaaaad

Reaction score
Exit out of battery usage with the back arrow soft key, not the home button. Open it again. It should be updated.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Cstryon

Reaction score
OK so whenever I wake up the phone, the brightness auto jumps to 100. I have to keep setting it back to 50. Can I fix this somehow? Anyone else having the same issue?

CM74D2

My display is the greatest battery user by a lot on my phone, anywhere from 60%-70%. Could that be why?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's always my greatest battery user, but it's weird how it jumps up no matter where or how low I set it

CM74D2

havens1515

Reaction score
I may have found another bug.

It seems like the Battery Use is inaccurate. Some people should check on this and see if they see the inaccuracy too.

To see Battery Use:

- press Menu softkey
- click Settings
- scroll down to About Phone and click that
- click on Battery Use
- look at the amount of time the phone has been relying on the battery

I've had my phone off the charger since around 10am. My Battery Use time is showing 1h 21m 49s (1 hour 21 minutes and 49 seconds) on battery (off the charger).

It is now 3:43pm. So that is inaccurate. It should be reading 5 hours 43 minutes and whatever seconds.

We have been talking about various issues (including battery issues) here:
[BUGS]Cm7 beta

If you have any new info, feel free to add to the conversation.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
18 boot looped for me a few times and then booted up ok.