[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

phoenixus

Reaction score
if i wanted to move from this rom to liberty 2.1, would i need to sbf or could i just wipe and flash it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Just_Cuttlefish

Reaction score
Best ROM I've tried so far

Started with Fission, also have tried Liberty and Zombie, but this ROM is smoother and more stable than any of those (and the Moto builds, of course).

My only minor frustrations are:
  1. slide-out keyboard isn't lit up very often
  2. haven't yet found a way to use the stock launcher. I found a zip that supposedly works on official builds of CM7, but it bootlooped my device. I've upgraded to ADW EX, and I like it better, but I think I'd still prefer stock.

For anyone on the fence out there, this ROM is freaking worth it.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Started with Fission, also have tried Liberty and Zombie, but this ROM is smoother and more stable than any of those (and the Moto builds, of course).

2. haven't yet found a way to use the stock launcher. I found a zip that supposedly works on official builds of CM7, but it bootlooped my device. I've upgraded to ADW EX, and I like it better, but I think I'd still prefer stock.

Stock browser for CM7 is a built in version of ADW.

loki993

Reaction score

What build are you using?
I actually like the launcher, though I was using launcher pro before.

My keys light up fine. Try locking the screen and unlocking it. I had to do that to get the backloght to work right when I was on liberty. Once I did that once it worked fine.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Check out GoLauncher EX...my wife loves it on her DX2, and I'd give it very serious consideration if I wasn't using Launcher Pro Plus "Friends" widget, and can't find a decent replacement for that in the market.

Cstryon

Reaction score
So on Build 15 now, and it's working well. too early to comment on battery life. But in three comments on rom manager there was a mention that 14 had stone improvement. woot progress!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

havens1515

Reaction score

Check out GoLauncher EX...my wife loves it on her DX2, and I'd give it very serious consideration if I wasn't using Launcher Pro Plus "Friends" widget, and can't find a decent replacement for that in the market.

I use Go Launcher EX, I love it too. There's a ton of customization to it, and it just keeps getting better with every update.

phoenixus

Reaction score
So on Build 15 now, and it's working well. too early to comment on battery life. But in three comments on rom manager there was a mention that 14 had stone improvement. woot progress!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Are these speaking to the official or unofficial nightlies?

Also, can anyone speak to my comment about going back to liberty 2.01 without having to SBF?

The main reason I'm asking is because of not being able to use the D2 Bootstrapp app once you are running cm7

Just_Cuttlefish

Reaction score

Stock browser for CM7 is a built in version of ADW.

I know, I mean I want the stock AOSP Gingerbread launcher. The one that comes on Nexus phones.

Just_Cuttlefish

Reaction score

What build are you using?
I actually like the launcher, though I was using launcher pro before.

My keys light up fine. Try locking the screen and unlocking it. I had to do that to get the backloght to work right when I was on liberty. Once I did that once it worked fine.

Using build 13. Locking and unlocking doesn't work. The backlight comes on for about a second or two and then goes off again. I've rebooted a few times, but that doesn't help, either.

I like ADW, don't get me wrong. It's super customizable. All's I'm sayin' is in a perfect world I'd be able to try ADW and stock side by side on CM7. I really liked the AOSP launcher on Liberty and Fission. I haven't tried Launcher Pro, though, so maybe I'll give that a whirl.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have not read the entire thread, but where can I find the latest build? Does the link on page one still have the newest nightly? Thanks. I'm kinda pissed at my current rom and wanna give cm7 a go. Thank you in advance!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

jdog94

Reaction score
i have been away from my d2 for a while

if i am running zombiestomped now do i have to sbf before i flash cm???
or can i just wipe and flash

pressguy27

Reaction score
i have been away from my d2 for a while

if i am running zombiestomped now do i have to sbf before i flash cm???
or can i just wipe and flash

You would have to sbf before flashing cm to get back on froyo

Sent from my Droid2 using CM7