[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

Ok something has been bugging me for a while with CM7. The dialer doesn't open to the dialer/keypad. It always either opens to my call log or contacts. At first, it opens to the dialer every time. But after a couple phone calls, it always screws up. I've played with every setting I can think of and nothing changes. It's not a huge problem. It's just really annoying.

Droid 2 CM7

What really makes me uncomfortable is that it doesn't seem to "charge" up as fast as it used to. Which leads me to belive something is running in the background more often or more intensely than with my two previous softwares (Stock and Fission). I do carry around an extra battery, but I'm not entirely sold on how battery performance overall has been.

I noticed the opposite. My phone charges uncomfortably fast. I say uncomfortably fast because it charges SO fast that there is no way, in my mind, that it is long enough to truly charge to 100%.

Ok something has been bugging me for a while with CM7. The dialer doesn't open to the dialer/keypad. It always either opens to my call log or contacts. At first, it opens to the dialer every time. But after a couple phone calls, it always screws up. I've played with every setting I can think of and nothing changes. It's not a huge problem. It's just really annoying.

Droid 2 CM7

Hm, I don't think I ever noticed that before, but you're right. Although, it's not often that I use my phone as a phone. And it's less often that I'm dialing a number that is not in my contact list.

You may want to post that on the bug thread at rootzwiki and see if one of the devs can do something about it.

[BUGS]Cm7 beta - Page 37

Droid 2 CM7

From the dialer or the contacts pages, press the menu button and select preferences. Scroll down to bottom of menu and Select Default Tab. You can select which tab you want. This will apply to both dialer and contacts, so choose wisely. There are some other settings in the menu that may help you get the perfect scenario for how you want the phone to perform.

Droid 2 CM7

From the dialer or the contacts pages, press the menu button and select preferences. Scroll down to bottom of menu and Select Default Tab. You can select which tab you want. This will apply to both dialer and contacts, so choose wisely. There are some other settings in the menu that may help you get the perfect scenario for how you want the phone to perform.

I just set my default to "phone" and it now works as I would expect it to work... when I press the dialer shortcut it goes to the dialer, when I press the contacts shortcut it goes to contacts. Thanks for the info!

Droid 2 CM7

I just set my default to "phone" and it now works as I would expect it to work... when I press the dialer shortcut it goes to the dialer, when I press the contacts shortcut it goes to contacts. Thanks for the info!

Glad you got it worked out.

Before build 37 my phone would charge crazy fast, and discharge crazy fast. After build 37, my phone charges slower, but battery life is much better, perhaps even as long as it was before 2nd init roms. It's almost like my battery has gained capacity.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

A bug I saw is when I have the keyboard open, and a call comes in. I have it set on rotary for the lock screen, but it cuts off the rotary and you must drag beyond what's visible. Setting it to slider fixes the issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Droid 2 CM7

I feel like an idiot now. Thanks for helping. All fixed now.

Droid 2 CM7

What really makes me uncomfortable is that it doesn't seem to "charge" up as fast as it used to. Which leads me to belive something is running in the background more often or more intensely than with my two previous softwares (Stock and Fission). I do carry around an extra battery, but I'm not entirely sold on how battery performance overall has been.

I noticed the opposite. My phone charges uncomfortably fast. I say uncomfortably fast because it charges SO fast that there is no way, in my mind, that it is long enough to truly charge to 100%.

USB via computer, is when I noticed the slow as molasses charging.

USB via wall outlet, I too have noticed it being eager to hit 100% ASAP.

USB via computer, is when I noticed the slow as molasses charging.

USB via wall outlet, I too have noticed it being eager to hit 100% ASAP.

Agreed. Charging from a computer is painfully slow, and charging from the wall is lightning fast.

It should be due to the fact that the wall charger is throwing a much higher voltage than the USB is.

The question is has anyone noticed if the battery discharges faster due to charging with one or the other method? I flash too many roms, themes, and everything else to ever get an accurate reading.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It should be due to the fact that the wall charger is throwing a much higher voltage than the USB is.

The question is has anyone noticed if the battery discharges faster due to charging with one or the other method? I flash too many roms, themes, and everything else to ever get an accurate reading.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I understand WHY it charges faster from the wall, but what is interesting is HOW MUCH slower it is. As you said, there is a much higher voltage coming from the wall, but I never noticed AS MUCH of a difference from wall to computer with other ROMs.

Droid 2 CM7

I feel like an idiot now. Thanks for helping. All fixed now.

Droid 2 CM7

No worries... Plenty of duh moments here too. It's great to be a part of a community where you can not only get help, but also help others.

Sent from my DROID2

Back