[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

r3dlined

Reaction score
Are there any walk throughs for SFBing from .340. I just flashed to 2.3.32 and it did not wipe it, but simply moved the phone back to .320. I am now going to try the system only .340 sfb and see what happens after that. Is there a new process to all this now? Seemed a lot cleaner with .15

crypto

Reaction score
stumbled on a small issue. When i reboot using hot reboot. It starts booting at the animation but then i get a force close for "system" and then stuck on a black screen

doing a regular reboot then boots the phone just fine

exact message is "process sytem is not responding"

Last edited:

crypto

Reaction score
also Jrummy's droid x overclock doesn't seem to be applying settings at boot like it used to

thepolishguy

Reaction score
stumbled on a small issue. When i reboot using hot reboot. It starts booting at the animation but then i get a force close for "system" and then stuck on a black screen

Fab addressed this a couple of pages back (or more). Hot reboot boots to fast to let one of Fab's scripts "have its way" and you error out.

Of course - Fab can correct my layman terminology.

XDRDX

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced issues restoring backups via bootstrap. I tried out fission and decided I missed my apex setup, tried to restore after wiping data cache and formating system and just got a force close on system during boot.

I ended up reinstalling the apex 1.3.1 zip to get system back and then reran the scripts to get my moto apps back.

I just want to make sure I can restore from backup in the future if I need to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Are there any walk throughs for SFBing from .340. I just flashed to 2.3.32 and it did not wipe it, but simply moved the phone back to .320. I am now going to try the system only .340 sfb and see what happens after that. Is there a new process to all this now? Seemed a lot cleaner with .15

All you need to do to get from .320 to .340 is make sure you are on the right bootloader/kernel/baseband first. You can actually get the .340 system SBF file as a zip you can run from clockwork. It'll put you back to stock unrooted Froyo but with z4root it takes all of a minute to root, then just load up Apex or whatever you want to run and bam.

All the files are here. Just make sure to follow the directions on that page including a full wipe before running the sbf file. This is the method I used to get to .340 OTA from the leak and it went flawlessly. To check what bootloader you have power down and then power back up with the camera and volume down button held to boot into the bootloader screen which will tell you what version you are on.

brijamelsh

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is pretty serious.

Since Ive gone to the new version of Apex, whenever i try to play music with music mod it first said it couldn't find the file, now it says it cant play the file type. Ive removed and reloaded my entire collection and it still says the same thing. Ive rebooted.. nothing...

Anyone know how to fix this?

I say this is serious because playing music is what I primarily use my droidx for.

nepperz

Reaction score

Since Ive gone to the new version of Apex, whenever i try to play music with music mod it first said it couldn't find the file, now it says it cant play the file type. Ive removed and reloaded my entire collection and it still says the same thing. Ive rebooted.. nothing...

I say this is serious because playing music is what I primarily use my droidx for.

Is music mod the one that comes with the rom? If so it works perfectly on my phone. You may have a corrupt SD card. I would suggest trying to unmount your SD then mount then reboot see if that helps

crypto

Reaction score

Fab addressed this a couple of pages back (or more). Hot reboot boots to fast to let one of Fab's scripts "have its way" and you error out.

Of course - Fab can correct my layman terminology.

oh ok. that makes sense.
No big deal. I guess i'll just have to be patient and do regular reboots :)

brijamelsh

Reaction score

Is music mod the one that comes with the rom? If so it works perfectly on my phone. You may have a corrupt SD card. I would suggest trying to unmount your SD then mount then reboot see if that helps

Yes Music mod comes with Apex. Ive also tried Doubletwist and it doesn't work either. I tried what you suggested and it didn't work. It's weird.. it finds the file, displays the album art.. but wont play the file...

nepperz

Reaction score

Yes Music mod comes with Apex. Ive also tried Doubletwist and it doesn't work either. I tried what you suggested and it didn't work. It's weird.. it finds the file, displays the album art.. but wont play the file...

Mine has done the same thing, I would sugggest removing all the stuff on your sd saving it on the pc formatting the card then put everything back see if that fixess it, pain in the butt but i have had to do it before as well

nepperz

Reaction score

The only other thing I can ask is what ROM did you come from and what was the path you took to get onto APEX?

brijamelsh

Reaction score

Mine has done the same thing, I would sugggest removing all the stuff on your sd saving it on the pc formatting the card then put everything back see if that fixess it, pain in the butt but i have had to do it before as well

Yeah, that was going to be my next move. It will have to wait until I get home from work, but ill let you know if it works.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Those of you having media issues, can you confirm that your kernel matches one of the two listed here?

FAQ - FabDroid Wiki

If not, you probably never did the update to .320 or .340 and are still on the 2.3.15 kernel, which is incompatible with this ROM (media doesn't work).

r3dlined

Reaction score

All you need to do to get from .320 to .340 is make sure you are on the right bootloader/kernel/baseband first. You can actually get the .340 system SBF file as a zip you can run from clockwork. It'll put you back to stock unrooted Froyo but with z4root it takes all of a minute to root, then just load up Apex or whatever you want to run and bam.

All the files are here. Just make sure to follow the directions on that page including a full wipe before running the sbf file. This is the method I used to get to .340 OTA from the leak and it went flawlessly. To check what bootloader you have power down and then power back up with the camera and volume down button held to boot into the bootloader screen which will tell you what version you are on.

Ahhh that's the good stuff right there. Thanks for the link man.