[ROM] ApeX for Droid X - An AOSP Experience

larockd

Reaction score
Hey all. I was trying to install the DLNA.apk from the removed apps .zip and for some reason it will not install. Anyone know why not? I've seen this happen before and I don't know why. Thanks!

tatuud

Reaction score
Hey all. I was trying to install the DLNA.apk from the removed apps .zip and for some reason it will not install. Anyone know why not? I've seen this happen before and I don't know why. Thanks!

try pasting the file in the correct location, mount as r/w (it will read r/o when in r/w), and set the correct permissioins. you can long press on any other apk and check what the permissions are on that file and make sure yours has the same ones checked off...remount system as r/o and then reboot the phone and you should be good to go. this is done through root explorer by the way. hope it helps

Last edited:

larockd

Reaction score
@tatuud Thanks. I was doing something wrong in the mount/unmount side of things. Using Estrongs, in the root section of settings, even though it said for CM or Hiapk only, it worked. and I moved them to system/app. I really like this rom by the way, and loving the X. Got it Monday the 22nd.

Last edited:

tatuud

Reaction score
Glad it all worked out and you chose a great rom. Options galore with this one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Any word on an update for apex? Rubix has had like 4 in the last week lol. New tranquility is out etc...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Hey guys,

So sorry I've been kinda scarce here the last couple of weeks. It's hard juggling doing this and trying to be at all the forums and doing my IRL job too ;)

Anyways, I've updated ApeX to version 1.2, but it's based on 2.3.320, so you have to have had installed the leak first to use it. I created a new thread here with info and instructions:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ex-1-2-droid-x-functionality-performance.html

I'll try my best to keep up with these threads here at DF too from now on. Thanks!

rottenpixies

Reaction score
I am running this rom with the NexTheme.. It rocks!! I was using rubix before, but this seems smoother and looks way better. Thanks, great work!

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Great news for ApeX 1.0 users. I've updated my 2.3.15 build to include all the new features and apps included in 1.2 for 2.3.320 users.

This new build is now called 1.0.2 (and further 2.3.15 based ApeX will remain at 1.0.x)

You can find it here:

http://fabdroid.com/downloads/Fabolous_ApeX_V1_0_2_1.zip

Please wipe cache and data, no need to mount system. All the features/installation info can be found in the V1.2 thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ex-1-2-droid-x-functionality-performance.html

Last edited:

johnny9374

Reaction score
you rock man im coming from rubix since drod updated that my battery life is horrible hoping this is better

johnny9374

Reaction score
ok so everything was running great until i found out i couldnt send pic messages wiped cache and did a factory reset now i lost the new transitions and if i try to edit a contact it takes me back to the homescreen

Last edited: