[ROM] [ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

wicozani

Reaction score
Yes, since 1.3.1 fixed QuickOffice, I am even very hesitant to move away from 1.3.1. My DX is fast, stable, and with Netflix streaming great it does everything that I want it to. I'm going to stay pat, probably for the life of my phone. AWESOME job, Fabulous! Thanks!

Jeff

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Has anyone had the blur gallery not open.....like it try's to open but wont.
Its not force closing or anything. I can get into it from the camera app. But just opening of thru the app drawer wont allow me....any ideas?
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

VZyx

Reaction score
I just loaded up this ROM. When I started up my phone I only have market and google. Is that normal? If so how do I get all my contacts/etc back.

jayo34

Reaction score
Apex 1.4.1 prompting for OTA install

I've had Apex for a little over a week so far and I'm loving it! Only one force close in all that time and no random reboots. Overclocked and undervolted - time since last boot 191:22:24. Much more stable than I was on Liberty (not sure why)

Anyway, my question is if there is a way to get block the OTA installation prompt (and periodic downloading of the huge zip file) from occurring. I love Apex but this would be a deal-breaker if I have to keep clicking 'no'.

Thanks for an awesome ROM Fab!

JustJack1235

Reaction score
U have to delete the updater.Apk( I forgot what it was called exactly but the word update.apk is somewhere in the name) from the /system /app folder.

jayo34

Reaction score
U have to delete the updater.Apk( I forgot what it was called exactly but the word update.apk is somewhere in the name) from the /system /app folder.

I found "Upgrade.apk", could this be it? If so could I rename it to solve the issue?

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Just delete it~ if u feel more comfortable do a back up first. Then delete it
It wont hurt ur phone I promise. If u ever want to upgrade just hit the update button under phone info in the settings menu and it will update~
Otherwise just delete it~

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am running Apex 2.0 and its awesome... I just want the Moto gallery and can't seem to get it back on here... any ideas?

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let's me know if you want any other blur apk's (camera, alarm, calander etc..)

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

freudsfeud

Reaction score
Thanks!

I just flashed my Dx for the 10th time trying to find a setup that is right for me and Apex is it! Thanks Fabolous and all that contributed!

And JustJack, thanks for the reference above, I am happy with my Droid now and don't want it to change. I tried the OTA GB update and it was too buggy. Apex is my solution and now I have to get rid of those damn upgrade notices. I found a file upgrader.apk and am going to 86 that. Hope it works.

Thanks again all!

JustJack1235

Reaction score
There is one called
marketupdater.apk....delete that one and u never have to worry about ur market updating also~

freudsfeud

Reaction score
Ok. How can I delete them? I am getting permission errors.