[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

LT1UltraZ

Reaction score
can we get rid of the BLUR messaging and put AOSP back on ? or will that cause some problems?

That's exactly what the messaging script was written to do.

Read the article in the wiki if you have questions on how to use scripts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

got it..thanks!

quick question...how come the facebooks pics do not come up with the AOSP messaging? I remember it working fine in the 1.3 version...

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Hahaha..
I was thinking about overclockin, so I went in and pick the "Low Voltage" setting then after it went into the frequency settings...ok now this is where I went blank..haha..what's a good frequency setting when running the Low Voltage setting?...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hyperlite

Reaction score
Anyone getting a system not responding error at times?

Its a great rom don't get me wrong, just wondering

Got this yesterday. Phone had been charging all night and was locked up when I woke up. I rebooted, got the error, then rebooted again and haven't seen it since.

sent from my X

jrherras

Reaction score
Hahaha..
I was thinking about overclockin, so I went in and pick the "Low Voltage" setting then after it went into the frequency settings...ok now this is where I went blank..haha..what's a good frequency setting when running the Low Voltage setting?...

I use droid overclock and my settings is 400 @29v 850 @44v 1ghz @54v 1.2 @58v no errors or reboots

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
This is what I was asking about...
This is the selection rite here...

aefda555-337c-e15b.jpg

denpad2010

Reaction score
Ok i jist imstalled this 1.3.1 everything is good except in locksxreen only the slider to ujlock works the other for sound off/on dont works any ideas
Just found out that the problem is not the rom is the theme i was using talking about extreme orange theme...i applied another theme and locksxreen works perfect both slider

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Ok i jist imstalled this 1.3.1 everything is good except in locksxreen only the slider to ujlock works the other for sound off/on dont works any ideas

U might have to do a Factory Reset then uninstall updates to market and google search...even wipe data/cache..

denpad2010

Reaction score
Like i said i just installed another theme and now works everything but....i have another issue with keyboard ok i am a spanish man...i use of course both kb english amd spanish but really no matter which i use always is the same caise kb suggested words are in english only so my question can i install the old kb? Im assuming this is the gingernread kb or there is any way to fix it thanks

brijamelsh

Reaction score
"This ROM is only for Droid X users who have done the .320 leak or have gotten to .340 via OTA update or SBF. This is not compatible with 2.3.15"

This is probably a stupid question, but where should I go to get these updates and how do I install them.

I've been using 2.2 with Apex 1.2 and I'm trying to prepare my phone to install 1.3.1

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
System failure

First I'll apologize because I tried another rom :-(.

Second I'll say that I almost immediately switched back to apex.

Right before installing the new rom, I did a nandroid backup of my apex 1.3.1, then I wiped data and cache and installed the "other" rom.

Didn't like the rom "security lock is busted", so I returned to recovery, wiped data and cache, then restored my nandroid of apex.

When everything finished, I booted up and just after the android logo I got an error that system had stopped responding followed by just a black screen. When I held the power button, I could reboot which took me to recovery.

There I tried wiping data, cache, dalvik cache, and battery stats for good measure. Restart and had the same thing happen (system not responding). I then went as far as to format system then restore the nandroid. Same result.

Only way to get out of it was to run the install.zip of Apex. Everything's fine, just odd.

I actually had the same thing happen before somewhere while I was restoring 1.3.0 for some reason (can't remember why). I never had this problem before, and it's really just an inconvenience if I want to jump back and forth.

Does anyone know of a fix? Did Fab put this in on purpose to dissuade us from swapping roms? ;)

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score

Right before installing the new rom, I did a nandroid backup of my apex 1.3.1, then I wiped data and cache and installed the "other" rom.

Didn't like the rom "security lock is busted", so I returned to recovery, wiped data and cache, then restored my nandroid of apex.

When everything finished, I booted up and just after the android logo I got an error that system had stopped responding followed by just a black screen. When I held the power button, I could reboot which took me to recovery.

There I tried wiping data, cache, dalvik cache, and battery stats for good measure. Restart and had the same thing happen (system not responding). I then went as far as to format system then restore the nandroid. Same result.

Only way to get out of it was to run the install.zip of Apex. Everything's fine, just odd.

I actually had the same thing happen before somewhere while I was restoring 1.3.0 for some reason (can't remember why). I never had this problem before, and it's really just an inconvenience if I want to jump back and forth.

Does anyone know of a fix? Did Fab put this in on purpose to dissuade us from swapping roms? ;)

That's weird..
Haven't ran into that problem before...

gdremington

Reaction score

Same thing just happened to me. What saved the nandroid was restoring an update.zip generated via Titanium Backup.

Btw, this is my first custom ROM too. Took 3 days of forum lurking to make the decision to go with Apex. Really happy with the look, feel and battery life!

Scallywag1

Reaction score
Ive been Apex for awhile now. I flashed fission the other day to see if market would get fixed. It did but i missed how fast and efficient apex is. Also the battery life is better. So i reflashed 1.3. 1. All went fine. Then i nandroided back to my saved apex pre-fission. I also flashed the no clock in status bar. When it loaded it went to moto sign, android then said system process failed. I just pulled battery, was booted into recovery, and restarted and all is well. And my market came back finally.
Was good to try fission, but Apex is home....
Great work Fab. Makes this phone great!