[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

Alex.DF

Reaction score
SBF'd from Apex 1.0.2.1 to 2.2, downloaded the update.zip to get to 2.2.1, then flashed Apex 1.3.0 . . . running great so far, except for one thing: I used the script to switch to the black keyboard, and when I wanted to switch back to the Gingerbread kb it would restart as if it worked, but I still get the black keyboard. I can't even switch to the white keyboard at the moment . . .

Never mind, just realized the black keyboard was Swype (so I switched to the GB keyboard in settings). Any way to get the white Swype keyboard back, though?

Last edited:

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
Guys, Gmail FC is because of the update today. This ROM has the newest Gmail from earlier today on /system, but you guys have them on /data, which is why it's FC'ing.

See if you can uninstall Gmail from applications settings.

Crazy, so I could not find Gmail in app settings, nor could I uninstall from download section of the market. Luckily I had a copy saved in titanium, which I loaded and now its working like a charm! Now if I could only get that black bar back on this theme my life would be complete ha ha ha. THANKS AGAIN FAB!

Rockee

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Love the ROM and the theme. Only thing I end up adding to make it complete is AppWidgetPicker from XDA. It groups all the widgets together making it oh so fresh and clean.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Love the ROM and the theme. Only thing I end up adding to make it complete is AppWidgetPicker from XDA. It groups all the widgets together making it oh so fresh and clean.

Would love to see this added! Only thing I miss so far from rubiX

andylulzyou

Reaction score
How did you guys update to .340? I have a completely full stock 2.2 that is only rooted if that is any help.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

are u saying u did end up adding it? cause it hasnt worked for me on apex, on any version...id love to see it added as well! cause i hiiiighly doubt im switching roms

thepolishguy

Reaction score

are u saying u did end up adding it? cause it hasnt worked for me on apex, on any version...id love to see it added as well! cause i hiiiighly doubt im switching roms

I just added it also. works great. I am wondering if you are making the same mistake I made at first (not to insult your intelligence). I tried to install it but it wouldn't. Well you DON'T install it. You simply use root explorer or adb and put the .apk in /system/app and then change the permissions to match the other apps. don't install. and then it works. not sure if you new that so thought i would share.

AWESOME by the way Fab. Thanks so much.

techarlj

Reaction score
boot loops

damn... boots fine, but only gives me about 7.98 seconds to think about doing something before it kicks me in the nuts again... :frown:
it's kind of a fun race in a sick sort of way, i guess... you know like when you glue a quarter to the ground and watch everyone try to get the sunofabich... like that; you know who you are

can't get into clockwork so sbf here i come:icon_ lala:

Last edited:

codythibeauuu

Reaction score
Man, what a great ROM so far. I haven't been rolling into any FC's like other users, but definitely have a sticky launcher. I mean, my app drawer just laaags. Anyone know what that might be? I've screwed with all of the ADW settings, but nothin'...

Rockee

Reaction score

I just added it also. works great. I am wondering if you are making the same mistake I made at first (not to insult your intelligence). I tried to install it but it wouldn't. Well you DON'T install it. You simply use root explorer or adb and put the .apk in /system/app and then change the permissions to match the other apps. don't install. and then it works. not sure if you new that so thought i would share.

AWESOME by the way Fab. Thanks so much.

You can also use Fabs install script.

su
install AppWidgetPicker-1.2.1.apk

andylulzyou

Reaction score
So annoyed, all I want to do is install the newest OTA so I can run this rom and the update continuously fails

Smarcisin

Reaction score
if i am rooted stock with the .340 update, should i wipe data/cache......i am going to say i most likely have too?

bamfsig45

Reaction score

Themes:

Themes from 1.2.1 should be compatible. Get them here:

Themes For ApeX (12/8/10) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Just a quick note. The Revo theme changes the menus back to white, adds in the clock app that ive switched to -mot and my gmail forced closed.

Ive restored a nandroid of the fresh install of Apex 1.3

Ill stick to no theme because the status bar is black and that is the main reason for the theme in the first place, IMO.