"Roaming Indicator Off" Help editing framework-res.apk/build.prop

aaricchavez

Reaction score
Ok, here the situation. I'm running ZombieStomped 1.71 and even with the customizer update my pulldown text won't change. I'm flashed to MetroPCS so it's never said Verizon Wireless like it normally would.
I checked the eri.xml file from my framework-res.apk and it is changed. Pic to show what I mean:

Now, i'm curious about this line(pic below) and i'm wondering if changing it will change the pulldown text from Roaming Indicator Off to something else.

And I only thought about the build.prop after reading a thread on xda where someone said that might change it. So, the only thing I can think of changing that might get any results is changing
Code:
ro.com.android.dataroaming=true
to
Code:
ro.com.android.dataroaming=false
Once again, a pic to show what I mean:

So, anyone have some insight that will shine some light on this subject? Or anyone know an easier way? Or maybe i'm looking at the wrong files?

I've also asked on xda: [Q] "Roaming Indicator Off" Help editing framework-res.apk/build.prop - xda-developers

OP
A

aaricchavez

Reaction score
You can download root tools. It includes pulldown text editor atm into jboxen fixes the pulldown text.

Sent From My McLovin' DROID2

I have jrummy's Root Tools. And along with ZS's customizer that doesn't work.
And as the first pic demonstrates, they are technically working.

NYCSean

Reaction score
You can download root tools. It includes pulldown text editor atm into jboxen fixes the pulldown text.

I have jrummy's Root Tools. And along with ZS's customizer that doesn't work.
And as the first pic demonstrates, they are technically working.

Yeah but the 1.71 update broke it there's a new update on the customizer go check it ouy

OP
A

aaricchavez

Reaction score
Yeah but the 1.71 update broke it there's a new update on the customizer go check it ouy

I've tried it. Nothing really works, even though technically it is changing what it is supposed to say.
Also, this issue is rom dependent, it's like this with ZS, Stock FroYo, Stock GB, etc.
The problem is also on a Droid X and various other flashed MetroPCS phones, but I know there has to at least be a way to change "Roaming Indicator Off" to something else, I just need to know where it is.

Also, the other day a blue triangle appeared on my status bar and the pulldown text changed from "Roaming Indicator Off" to "Roaming Indicator On"