Build.prop edits = great battery life + fast phone + full market

stabl4life82

Reaction score
well i went in and changed everything so disregard my other post...i have root explorer now and it worked great..i dont notice the difference in the ring delay unless it is on there end that they receive my call right when my end starts ringing...i wish i could do the extras that he has though..i would like to have the scrolling faster and the blacklight thing also...but it isnt listed in my build.prop for my phone

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how can I do this for my Droid 1 manually? I noticed my ring delay is 500, but never figured out a way to change it.

You can get someone else's and swap them out.

You can get root exployer for a dollar (I think that's what I payed) and it definitely is worth the money. You can browse files, edit files, set permissions, etc.

You can also edit the file on your own computer for free. Notepad is an editor that works just fine. I don't know if you have to worry about permissions or not.

The file that was made available is for a specific phone. If you read down your build.prop file entries you'll notice phone info, kernel info, etc.

I actually tried using vi in terminal emulator but couldn't figure out some of the needed keystrokes, like the Escape key.

stabl4life82

Reaction score
yes i paid like 3.50 today for it i think...not bad and i changed mine in like 3 minutes...i just wish i could do the faster scrolling and a few other things that arent in the droid system and is in the droid x...any solutions for this?

Daali

Reaction score
yes i paid like 3.50 today for it i think...not bad and i changed mine in like 3 minutes...i just wish i could do the faster scrolling and a few other things that arent in the droid system and is in the droid x...any solutions for this?

It is a config/properties file. If you are brave and backed up,(read, I am not responsible), you could add the lines to see if they take =) I ASSUME lines that are not applicable get ignored like every other OS.

I do know if you have a valid property mis-valued, you can stop the phone from booting.

fizik

Reaction score
I downloaded the build.prop from here, opened it up and compared to my stock one and this one has alot of stuff missing from my original.

I wanted to edit my media.stagefright to true on this one but it doesn't have it, can I just add the line in to the updated build.prop?

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i am scared to do any of that until i get some reassurance..lol....i want my scrolling speeds on my droid faster but it isnt in the droid 1 build.prop along with a few other things that i want done

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i am scared to do any of that until i get some reassurance..lol....i want my scrolling speeds on my droid faster but it isnt in the droid 1 build.prop along with a few other things that i want done

Make a backup of your phone with cw or sprecovery. Make the changes you'd like to make. If your phone goes belly up then restore the backup you just made. That is exactly why we make backups:)

If you aren't sure how to make one then let us know if you are using cw or sprecovery and someone will assist with that. I use sprecovery so do an advanced backup and check off all the options. I believe CW does this automatically.

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Would this work on my droid incredible? I cant seem to find the text lines but i may just be missing them (Im on virtuous 3.0.1)

OP
L

LexusBrian400

Reaction score
Would this work on my droid incredible? I cant seem to find the text lines but i may just be missing them (Im on virtuous 3.0.1)

No, it will not.

Some individual edits may be in your build.prop, but you cannot use this whole build.prop. Build.props are generally device specific.

Cosmic Droid

Reaction score
I specifically enjoy the LCD density and scrolling edits. Have yet to test the blackout edit with phone calls. Between these and the media.stagefright tweaks I just ran a 2137 quadrant benchmark. I'm at work so I can't post a screenshot. Never seen my X run so smooth.

Thank you all for the great work. Keep it up!!

edit: Most likely will be setting stagefright back to false, actually use my video player.

akappy332

Reaction score
Is there any way to fix the problem with some programs not filling the whole screen? For example Documents to go. I cant think of anything else of the top of my head, but there are a few apps i have that have this problem. I have the LCD density mod.

GahhItsLee

Reaction score

No, it will not.

Some individual edits may be in your build.prop, but you cannot use this whole build.prop. Build.props are generally device specific.

I didn't want the entire build.prop i just wanted the individual mods

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
i have done the "phone ring faster", "better scrolling speed", "wifi scan", and "black screen" edits.

can someone tell me what specific build prop edit enhances battery life...the only edit, in my opinion, that would enhance battery life would be the wifi scan edit...am i wrong?

OP
L

LexusBrian400

Reaction score
i have done the "phone ring faster", "better scrolling speed", "wifi scan", and "black screen" edits.

can someone tell me what specific build prop edit enhances battery life...the only edit, in my opinion, that would enhance battery life would be the wifi scan edit...am i wrong?

You are correct.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

You are correct.

whats interesting is my wifi scan was previously set at 45 not 60.