Rhapsody Force closes when trying to play a song!! Anyone else???

papapena25

Reaction score
Anyone else out there having problems using rhapsody on they're razr???? I was able to setup my account just fine, but when I try to play a song I get a force close. then when I try to open the app it I get a force close. The only way I can even open the app again is to uninstall then reinstall, then when trying to play a song it force closes again. same thing over and over.

quiksilver0048

Reaction score
same problem

YES! i'm glad i'm not the only one this is happening to. i was afraid that my phone was defective. they will probably come out with an update for it asap.

red humpy

Reaction score
ditto

Same problem with the Rhapsody app and force close. I can listen to playlists by going to Rhapsody.com in a browser, but only one song plays at a time. The display stays lit during the song, then when it ends, the display goes black and the playlist stops. I have to hit the power button to get it to "wake up" and play the next song.

VERY FRUSTRATING! Come on Rhapsody, where's the RAZR fix?

jbrad99

Reaction score
Count me in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Yeah guys, I'm having the same problem I called to report it and of course they put me through all of the steps I had already completed before they stated that about 5 others had call in to report the same issue and that they are working on a fix but the credited me 1 month of service without any hassle so you all should give it a try.

patrickb

Reaction score
Same Rhapsody problem with my new Droid Razr: force stop when try to play a song. Used to work fine on my old Droid X.

trenthelms

Reaction score
Same problem. Went away after uninstall and reinstall

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

regulus

Reaction score
Same here

Same problem here. New Droid Razr. I can install, log in, and play radio stations. But as soon as I try to play a specific album or song, force close. And once I get the message the first time, it comes up immediately whenever I start Rhapsody after that. Only way to get rid of it is to uninstall and re-install.

After a couple of support sessions failed to help, they finally said they're aware of the issue and are working one a fix and will email me when they have it.

luckybadback

Reaction score
Add one more to the group. Quick question for anyone that has contacted Rhapsody. Are they at this point just giving the one month credit or making you go thru the motions with tech support first? Just curious...Thanks...

luckybadback

Reaction score
Rhapsody update fixed problem on my RAZR. Kickin up the volume, no forced shutdown. Quick fix from Rhapsody....Kudo's

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bunnybo0bo0

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

I had a ticket opened for this issue on Monday with Verizon... they had to get the Rhapsody NOC involved in order to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. It looks like sometime yesterday afternoon/ evening an update was released for Rhapsody to fix the Razr force close issue. You should be able to go right in to the market place and update the application, in some cases you may require a full uninstall and reinstall of the application. I have not had any issues with my Razr since I updated the application.

Good Luck!!:icon_ banana:

regulus

Reaction score
Update:
I just downloaded the update, description said 'fix crash on Razr'. It seems to have solved the problem.