Facebook app issues

starwolf1336

Reaction score
Every time i try to update my status the app force closes on me. It started doing it after the official ics update.

I tried uninstalling the updates then reinstalling them.

Anyone else having this problem?

williemac84

Reaction score
Im having the same problem too

DROID RAZR never leave home without a charger lol

OP
starwolf1336

starwolf1336

Reaction score
I did a factory reset. Everything seems to be working now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SallyC

Reaction score
My only issue with the FB app is I wish I could either 1)uninstall it or 2)not have it bug me for updates. I finally did this huge update even though I don't even want it. I hope that's the end of it and they don't keep coming with large updates.

It's almost enough to make me root! :yeahbaby01:

Reaction score
If you don't use it and you are on ics, you can disable the app. It will disposer from your app drawer and it will no longer ask for updates from the play store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

SallyC

Reaction score
If you don't use it and you are on ics, you can disable the app. It will disposer from your app drawer and it will no longer ask for updates from the play store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

In App Info I can see Uninstall Updates or Force Stop, but how do i disable it if I'm not rooted? Thanks.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hi SallyC! To disable battery hungry facebook, uninstall then disable. It will uninstall the updates then when you go back, you will have the option to disable it.

SallyC

Reaction score
Hi SallyC! To disable battery hungry facebook, uninstall then disable. It will uninstall the updates then when you go back, you will have the option to disable it.

Ahh, Thank You!!!!:hail: Once I uninstalled the updates, I saw the option to Disable.

I know lots of folks like FB, but I guess I'm just not that social. 157fs68023.gif

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Shame on you Sally! Don't you want the latest updates when your friends use the bathroom or other useless information. Lol!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Shame on you Sally! Don't you want the latest updates when your friends use the bathroom or other useless information. Lol!

And I'll take this time to reintroduce poogling... don't poogle... if you drop your device when you're poogling, you're gonna have a bad time.:( lol. Get an android figure army to protect you from poogling. Roflmfao..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hi my name is Joe, and I am a Poogler.

SallyC

Reaction score
I have no idea what poogling is! Is my life lacking in supreme happiness and I don't know it? :eek:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have no idea what poogling is! Is my life lacking in supreme happiness and I don't know it? :eek:

I will tell you that you can only find the definition on Urban Dictionary if that tells you anything :)

My mom would be ashamed of me if I explained such a topic in front of a lady, so I shall divert to someone else to explain :p