Rezound wifi crazy slow

its.krayz

Reaction score
So I just switched from Sprint having the 3D EVO which was oober fast on WiFi to the Rezound..My WiFi speed is around .76 mbps where when I do the same speed test on my EVO its around 15mbps. I reset my router and still nothing?

If any one has any ideas please do share.

I just installed an invisashield on it and don't want to exchange it if I don't have to lol

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If your power settings are all the way up(performance mode) and wifi sleep policy is set to never, then I'd think the only to do would be to swap out the handsets. Oh and the screen protector is very not necessary. The Rezound is highly scratch resistant.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried forgetting the network and putting it back in?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried forgetting the network and putting it back in? On my old Windows phone and iPad I'd have to do that about once a month when it would do the same thing.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

OP
I

its.krayz

Reaction score
Yea, I set the WiFi to stay on all the time and I have forgot the network a few times. Looks like I will be getting a new one :-(

Thanks for the help
:beer2:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
This might sound stupid, but make sure bluetooth is off.

I dunno if it affects the Rezound, but on my Bionic leaving bluetooth on while using wifi kills wifi performance.

OP
I

its.krayz

Reaction score

I dunno if it affects the Rezound, but on my Bionic leaving bluetooth on while using wifi kills wifi performance.

Yea, I read through a few posts and tried it that way and nothing. lol I can't even watch a YouTube video w/o it buffer every 30 seconds. I am exchanging it tomorrow for the same.

OP
I

its.krayz

Reaction score
So I got my phone replaced, i completed the speed test and it was 17mbps then an update came up on my phone from Verizon....I did yhe update now I'm back down to .6-.7mbps

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I got my phone replaced, i completed the speed test and it was 17mbps then an update came up on my phone from Verizon....I did yhe update now I'm back down to .6-.7mbps

Well you know it's not hardware then, at least... does location in your house matter? A neighbor of ours evidently just started using wifi and in one spot in our house, it's always interfering with my phone's wifi connection.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to grab the RUU from Scottsroms.com and back down to the pre-OTA firmware..and then drop a post OTA ROM on your phone.

OP
I

its.krayz

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to grab the RUU from Scottsroms.com and back down to the pre-OTA firmware..and then drop a post OTA ROM on your phone.

Not quiet sure on how to do that but I will read and try so. I am going to go back to the Verizon store and they are still going to swap for yet another.

Also, no it is not in any specific area. If I'm at work (BestBuy), at my house with 24mb WiFi also running off a linksys dual band so 5ghz, or at my friends with netgear dual band and running same speed internet. It's .77 now mas is 1mbps lol

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Wow! Great suggestion! Thanks Dave! I've had a problem with my Wi-Fi slowing way down from where it once was. After turning bluetooth off it's right back to where it used to be again! Thanks! :biggrin:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I agree, excellent suggestion!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

nmos

Reaction score
I don’t know if it's relevant to the Rezound, but on my OG Droid there were some issues with the Wifi power management getting along with some routers. Tweaking the config file for the wifi driver fixed it in my case.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk