Rezound and wifi

Kimo91

Reaction score
As the tilted suggests, both of my teen children have the rezound but for some stupid reason both will not connect to the wifi in our house...I'll put the password in and I get error messages about the password being incorrect. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong, both phones connected just fine 2 weeks ago and now can't even do that anymore. Any and all help would be appreciated :D

Oh and both phones are NOT rooted if this helps anyone.

Snoking

Reaction score
Did you try powering the phones off and back on?

OP
Kimo91

Kimo91

Reaction score
Did that and factory resets still nothing

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Since neither phone will connect, chances are the phones are not the issue. If that is the case then the problem lies in your router. Have you tried power cycling your router. You could also try resetting your router. After that try "forgetting" the connection and re-establish a fresh connection with both phones. Also if you have a dual band router make sure that your router is broadcasting on both bands, especially the 2.4 band and both phones are set up to receive both bands. That can be found by going into the wifi then press the menu button then advanced. Look for "Wifi frequency band". Set it for "auto". I also have "Best Wifi Performance" checked as well.

To check the wifi signal being put out by your router download an app called "Wifi Analyzer".

Last edited:
OP
Kimo91

Kimo91

Reaction score
I'll try that next tonight

acejavelin

Reaction score
Can other devices such as laptops connect to your wifi fine?

If the above items do not help, some more info might be needed...

Make/Model router
WiFi Mode (B/G/N/A or mixed)
Wifi encryption used (WEP 64/128, WPA, WPA2)

I have seen some issues were people incorrectly setup security that is invalid for the setup, but the router still (incorrectly) allows it... Such as using WEP with Wireless-N, the Rezound will not connect in this situation as it is not a valid configuration (WEP will not work with N per the standard) but some routers still allow this and some WiFi chipset manufacturers still allow this to occur in their drivers for laptops, USB dongles, and stuff.

Last edited:
OP
Kimo91

Kimo91

Reaction score
My laptops and my Razr Maxx hooks up just fine on my router as well as other phones that walk into my house