Does your Rezound do this?

cp24eva

Reaction score
Call customer service and they can connect you. I have the number at home, but I'm on a train going to work now. Sorry.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, cool, I will see if the problems persist, and if so just call tech support and ask to be transferred. Thanks!

trizzypballr

Reaction score
Well, phone was just sitting here on the desk and it rebooted itself, wasn't even using the phone at the time. Both TBolts did that, the DX did it, etc... I guess I will just have to live with it if they won't let me exchange it. Being that I already got one exchange, I don't know how to go about getting another one. I traded the Razr for this and I was told that was it, but if the phone is defective, don't they have to replace it?

If the phone is defective they must stand behind it. I understand putting a limit on trading in phones, otherwise some people would simply 'lease' the newest phone that comes out every month, but if the phone is defective they must stand behind it. Call Verizon, if you dont like the answer they give you, ask to speak to their manager, if that doesnt help hang up and call back in later. With verizon ive noticed its all in who you talk to when you call in, so people can do things that others claim cant be done.

cp24eva

Reaction score
This was pretty much the explanation I gave to the customer loyalty folks. I explained that i have a phone that doesn't work as advertised. I carry out business on this phone and if it cannot perform to the standard they advertise, then I want my money back. They kinda exchanged my phone. But please try not to let them give you a "like new" replacement. With the bionic thats what I got.

rhamorsky

Reaction score
took mine to the verizon store with the reboot problem 2 weeks ago. they told me they went into the service menu and changed to cdma-lte/evdo auto. have'nt had any problems since. no reboot or overheating. hope this helps

Last edited:
OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got my replacement and so far, no more reboots, music sounds good, call quality is excellent.

That said, the Rezound that my GF got from Amazon had to be replaced already. We took it to the store, and the tech there said that they are getting inundated with problem phones, and 7 out of 10 of them are the Amazon Rezounds. Problems with reboots, overheating, screen issues, static in the ear phones, etc... Another friend that has a Rezound is on his 3rd one already.

So the phone seems very hit or miss. They seem to either be perfect and amazing, or nothing but problems. This is what happens in an industry where your product has at most a 6 month life cycle and you are rushing new products out the door every month to try and compete... Quality Control and testing suffers, and as long as 70% of the tested units are fine, they figure they can swap out or fix the other 30% later... I hate the cell phone industry for that reason. It's all about the spec list and SELL SELL SELL, and very little effort is made into making sure it actually works properly... That is the one thing I will say about Apple, is that when you only make one phone and you only put out a new model once a year, you do avoid the majority of those issues...

cp24eva

Reaction score
Glad to hear that your problems seem to be taken care of. And I agree with you on the dislike of the way companies allow phones to be sold when the quality control part hasn't been done thoroughly. I used to be a long time iphone user myself. I didn't have any major issues, but what they had worked, but it wasn't as flexible as an android phone and I am one for tinkering. They make you pay more for something so locked down.....but simply works. Ya know, if each phone company had their own OS they'd be better off, but I'm not too sure how that would work out.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is probably the thing that drives me the most crazy. These companies have billions at their disposal. They have some of the brightest minds working there. They spend uncounted millions on R&D and testing... And we are to believe that they didn't know about the reboots, or poor battery life?

On a computer game, it is more important to hit a marketing deadline than it is to make sure it is bug-free, because they can always release software patches later, and to be fair, it is hard to take into account every possible software and hardware and driver combination that any user might have. But that's a game.

Here, they built the phone. They took Google's OS and loaded it on there. They know how it is supposed to work, and they know when it doesn't. None of the "bugs" are a surprise. They know about a 10% failure rate or dropped data connections or any of the other crap before they ship them, and they know that for many people this is not a game, it is a needed tool, or a business requirement...

And they release it with the bugs anyway, because they all do it, so it isn't like you can go elsewhere, other than perhaps Apple.

The carriers make the problem worse, because they add tons of bloat and crappy code that serves no functional purpose other than to try and sell you more crap that you don't want or need. If you did, you could simply get it from the Market, but then you might not pick THEIR service, so they force it on there, even if it drains your battery, slows the phone down, causes issues, etc...

I hate the cell phone industry with a passion. I love the technology, but the carriers are sharks and seem to do anything they can to mess things up, so long as you pay your bill...

cp24eva

Reaction score
Well Apple is a victim of this too. I bought the Iphone 4 and they had that whole antenna deal. I rarely bought an iphone that didn't have a case. So I didn't fall victim to this. But so many others did. Hence why they sent out "bumpers" for the phones. They knew this, but they still sold it. We can't expect perfection, but we can expect them to pursue it properly. Haha.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
True, but the difference is that Apple doesn't do it on every single phone they put out. Moto, Samsung and HTC do. Every phone is released to the public with known issues, some of them serious ones, and they do it anyway because we put up with it.

cp24eva

Reaction score
This is true. The public is not strong enough or just doesn't have the power to not buy the stuff. And the wireless providers are no better, because they stick us in a 2 year deal and shorten the return time on us (DAMN YOU VERIZON) I swear....my next phone I may just buy flat out with no contract. I'm tired of contracts. if my phone doesn't work, I just want another one that does, or my money back. Squire, I feel the people at the top of these companies are just some blood suckers. Because if they really cared, then they'd filter down their demands and it would be so. Steve jobs demanded close to perfection. He was relentless in his pursuit. Probably why his health deteriorated quickly (RIP) But if we had more company leaders like him, we'd have a whole new world of technology I believe.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is true. The public is not strong enough or just doesn't have the power to not buy the stuff. And the wireless providers are no better, because they stick us in a 2 year deal and shorten the return time on us (DAMN YOU VERIZON) I swear....my next phone I may just buy flat out with no contract. I'm tired of contracts. if my phone doesn't work, I just want another one that does, or my money back. Squire, I feel the people at the top of these companies are just some blood suckers. Because if they really cared, then they'd filter down their demands and it would be so. Steve jobs demanded close to perfection. He was relentless in his pursuit. Probably why his health deteriorated quickly (RIP) But if we had more company leaders like him, we'd have a whole new world of technology I believe.

The problem with him being relentless and demanding perfection is that he was a jerk and demanded HIS definition of perfection. So it had pros and cons IMHO. He might have had less bugs, but he also set too many limitations and stifled innovation.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to be a jerk to get what you want out of people. Not saying that I would be a jerk to get what I want, but as a head of a company like that, you don't want your name to go down in infamy. So you try to put out the best product and bring out the best in your developers. He had some slick innovations, but yes he had a limiting OS as usual. Still....the phone works. Not everyone can be gear heads like us. The majority of folks out there don't like to mess around with settings and stuff too much. They just want to make calls, surf the net, play a few games to waste some time, send a few pics and videos. They don't care about free tethering, customs ROMS, battery life profiles, etc. So he pretty much catered to the less techie masses. Gear heads know they an iphone is a good phone, but not the phone for them. android phones are where it's at...long as we have s-off and unlocked bootloaders and stuff. lol.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to be a jerk to get what you want out of people. Not saying that I would be a jerk to get what I want, but as a head of a company like that, you don't want your name to go down in infamy. So you try to put out the best product and bring out the best in your developers. He had some slick innovations, but yes he had a limiting OS as usual. Still....the phone works. Not everyone can be gear heads like us. The majority of folks out there don't like to mess around with settings and stuff too much. They just want to make calls, surf the net, play a few games to waste some time, send a few pics and videos. They don't care about free tethering, customs ROMS, battery life profiles, etc. So he pretty much catered to the less techie masses. Gear heads know they an iphone is a good phone, but not the phone for them. android phones are where it's at...long as we have s-off and unlocked bootloaders and stuff. lol.

Good points. My issues with him was when he locked everything down, telling customers that they could not have industry standard functions like Flash support. Or not allowing people to have MMS when it was the standard for like 2 years and even cheap flip phones had it. Copy and Paste, things like that... And then trying to take someone to court for jailbreaking a legally purchased and owned personal device? Then all the patent crap of patenting other people's innovations and then being awarded patents so that you can true to sue the competition out of the market rather than meet them toe to toe and win customers over with a superior product?

The guy was a jerk, and I don't miss him. I am hopeful that Apple will get back on track and spend less time in court and more time pushing the technology envelope moving forward...

cp24eva

Reaction score
yeah, that Flash thing pissed me off the most and was one of my deciding factors in dropping the iphone. I can seamlessly surf the web on my android. Some of what he did seemed to cocky or personal and got in the way of a good phone being great. I also used to be mad when my friends couldn't send me an MMS....was like WTF man. lol. Hell, the flash thing is why i sold my ipad. I have a macbook pro, does anything I need it to do besides play some of the more popular games without dual booting. If they would allow flash on all devices natively, I might still have an ipad. lol.