Rezound Screen

blownfuse25

Reaction score
Hey board.... Just wondering who uses & doesn't use screen protectors. ?

I had one on my Droids, then took it off with no problems... I have one on my Rezound, but am thinking of taking it off. Seems as though these screen protectors get scratched soo easily....

So do you or do you not use one. ?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't used on the rezound yet. I don't think I will, the screen seems to be reasonably tough. I do really baby it tho. It always goes in my left pocket where NOTHING else ever goes.

Malkavian

Reaction score
I currently have the protector on my Rezound. I put it in and take it out of my pocket a lot, so when I wear jeans the metal rivits on my pockets scratch the protector and not my screen. I've had it on there for about 3 months and it is getting a bit beat up, the protector, not the phone. Will probably change it next month. The packet I got from Verizon came with 3 I think. If I can get a year out of a packet it seems like a good investment.

Michael

OP
blownfuse25

blownfuse25

Reaction score
Thanks everyone... I think I'm gonna go without... I have insurance...

cp24eva

Reaction score
I don't use protection (on my screen tee hee) and it's still without scratches. But I take care not to put it in the same pocket as keys and other objects. And the face is always towards my leg and not facing out.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like it naked... I mean, no screen protector! Nothing feels as good as pure glass at your fingertips. As a guy, I always keep my phone in one pocket with nothing else, no keys or anything, so nothing scratches it, and I am generally pretty careful with how I treat my electronics. I've had an Android phone for almost two years now and never used a screen protector, and never had ANY scratches on any of my phones.

It all depends on what kinda user you are.

They say the glass is scratch resistant, but that don't mean it still can't be scratched if enough force is applied.

If you carry your phone in a purse (ladies) or in your pockets with other items, such as keys, a screen protector might be wise...

t35rk

Reaction score
I think I'll always use a screen protector. Not for scratch protection, but for protection from breaking. I think it helps in a drop.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Labrat555

Reaction score
I don't use a screen protector either. I do have a holster that covers the screen though so I never worry about it getting scratched or damaged. I just wish I could find the cover and holster for the standard battery instead of the combination one that fits both standard and extended. It's just a bit thick for me, and I've been told they don't make one strickly for the standard battery. If anyone does know of anyone who makes one please let me know. I really like the holster for its protection, just wish it came in standard size. I had a Bionic(nothing but continuous data issues-went thru 4 phones before they decided to give me the Rezound.) Anyway the only thing I liked better on the Bionic was its gorilla glass because I had less smudges/fingerprints to clean and it was easier to see outside. Other than that, I hated it because of all the problems I had. I didn't think I would like the Rezound as much as I have. It is an excellent phone and I wish I had gotten this instead of the Bionic originally.

NeedMoreFAR

Reaction score
I just wish I could find the cover and holster for the standard battery instead of the combination one that fits both standard and extended. It's just a bit thick for me, and I've been told they don't make one strickly for the standard battery. If anyone does know of anyone who makes one please let me know.

Amazon sells a holster for the standard battery: Amazon.com: HTC Rezound Rubberized Shell Holster Combo - Black: Electronics

I have this one as well as the one for the extended battery, the standard holster is light and very slim.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the extended battery version of that one as well and am very satisfied with the fit and quality

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Last edited:

Labrat555

Reaction score
Thanks NeedMore! I just ordered it. I really appreciate you taking the time and inserting the link. This forum is awesome.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Only time I've ever used a screen protector in my smartphone career was with my Eris, and I only kept it on for about 2 months trying to get over the few air bubbles that you could only see when the screen was off. But, I couldn't, so I took it off, and I've never regretted it since.

The "scratch resistant glass" is designed to resist scratching from common items, such as keys or those metal buttons near pockets. It was literally brought into this world to prevent that. However, if you have a couple of diamonds lacing your pockets, then you more than likely will notice a little scratch. Though in that case, I'm not even sure if a screen protector would help...

But yeah, that's why smartphone glass always looks like a spider web when it cracks...because it takes A LOT of force to do that, and when you crack some of the glass, you crack it all. With normal, scratchable glass, it would stay much more localized. or it would just fall out, like a broken picture frame. Also look at bulletproof glass and you'll notice the similarities between the glass around a bullet hole and a cracked smartphone, same idea. And this is just the glass, it also has a scratch resistant coating, the "theory" of which I have no understanding of but...it's awesome.

Last edited:

1tfrot

Reaction score
otterbox, prefer the screen protection (as well as the rest of the phone)

BuccoDroid

Reaction score
I've had screen protectors on every PDA I owned beginning with the original Palm Pilot. When I graduated to the smartphone (DINC) I continued using a screen protector. With my new Rezound I continue to do the same. Why? Well, just in case . . .

corki2

Reaction score
My daughter's brand new Rhyme slipped out of her hand and hit the corner of a table. The screen cracked. She had a screen protector on it. It's not pretty, but she can still use her phone thanks to the protector keeping it together until we can get it replaced. I am going to put one on my Rezound now too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk