what screen protector are you all using?

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
just wondering what screen protector is good out there. I have used the zagg on my Bionic but I really didn't like the rubbery feel on it. I know Steineil doesn't make a screen protector for the Rezound right now. Is there something similar to it out there that is clear? I didn't get the POS Verizon screen protector they were trying to sell me. Thanks

Teendaddy08

Reaction score
Really you could just get on EBay and buy a screen protector off there. Some of them come in a pack of 6. I use them and they work just fine but they are not top quality but they work pretty good.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Using a screen protector ruins the feel of the phone.

I don't get it... do people really think that a sheet of thin plastic is going to resist a sharp object better than tempered glass? Are they thinking that if they drop the phone face down the screen protector is going to help?

In my 5 years of using phones, I've only ONCE put a teeny tiny scratch in a screen.

Sorry I just don't see the point.

kparks

Reaction score
Steinheil... Is the best I've used hands down..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
crxlsturbo

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Steinheil... Is the best I've used hands down.. Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
Yah, but they haven't released one for the Rezound. I might just go with a Zagg. bahh

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I went on Amazon and found ones called Stealth Shieldzs. They were like $5 for a two pack. Thinner than the Zagg shield I had on my Droid, but I wanted some piece of mind.

And I already have a few small scratches on the phone, so to me this is worth it, Not sure how I got them, but I'm assuming a diamond ring may have been the culprit. In that case, a screen protector would have made all the difference.

I like the feel of the non protected screen, but I'm willing to put up with the feel in order to have a little piece of mind.

dbmcelroy

Reaction score
We have used a skinomi on Galaxy tab 7.0 plus, and a re very happy with it. We have 2 skinomis on order now for our 2 rezounds. They are very clear and they feel like there is nothing on the screen at all. They come as a kit with a spray bottle of the installation fluid and an applicator card for applying the film. We have used dry application screens that were not as invisible to the eye or the finger, and prefer the skinomi.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
i always use the zagg shield.. they have one for the rezound on their website but not in retail locations yet.. I bought a evo 3D zagg shield to hold me over until the rezound one comes to best buy..

I don't use it for protection as much as i like the feel of the zagg shield over the the slick feel of the actual glass, and it helps to reduce smudges, etc...

JRParsons

Reaction score
Using a screen protector ruins the feel of the phone.

I don't get it... do people really think that a sheet of thin plastic is going to resist a sharp object better than tempered glass? Are they thinking that if they drop the phone face down the screen protector is going to help?

In my 5 years of using phones, I've only ONCE put a teeny tiny scratch in a screen.

Sorry I just don't see the point.

I recently put my drill down on my counter and about a minute later realized that the tip of the bit was resting on the screen of my wife's thunderbolt. I saw a huge scratch on the screen. I tried to wipe it off, like what you do when you notice a scratch on your car. I pulled off the Verizon screen protector and the screen was perfect.
I was very surprised because it really looked ruined before, and I hadn't heard good things about the Verizon screen protector.

OP
crxlsturbo

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
We have used a skinomi on Galaxy tab 7.0 plus, and a re very happy with it. We have 2 skinomis on order now for our 2 rezounds. They are very clear and they feel like there is nothing on the screen at all. They come as a kit with a spray bottle of the installation fluid and an applicator card for applying the film. We have used dry application screens that were not as invisible to the eye or the finger, and prefer the skinomi.

I just ordered that one last night. I read on the bionic section that some of them liked it and it was similar to the steineil screen protectors. Picked it up for $9 with shipped included. Also bought a extended battery case from htcpedia cause tpu hasn't came out with a extended battery case just yet. Hopefully they come in soon. Thx for all your input everyone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound 4g LTE

hatchin

Reaction score
Yah, but they haven't released one for the Rezound. I might just go with a Zagg. bahh
Steinheil does make them for the rezound but they only sell them for this phone through Verizon (you go buy the clear one from Verizon and when you open it the Steinheil covers are inside). I called them to ask when they were going to make them and they said to just go to Verizon and get one.

cp24eva

Reaction score
One thing I didn't like about my skinomi screen protector is that the screen keeps impressions from other semi sharp article for a while. Like I'll have a few lines across the protector from a card or key I had in the pocket. Or when my GF used the phone and she had long nails. With the ZAGG protector this wasn't as bad. So yeah, ZAGG for me. Expecting mine in the mail anyday now. But the one i got for the verizon store works just fine. I just don't like how the top isn't totally sticking to the screen because of the many times I had to go back under it and get the lint off. I like the ZAGG and the Skinomi protectors because they seems to bond to the screen and make it seem like one entity. They kinda suck to put on at times though. But once it's on, it's golden.

EVSP

Reaction score
I have to throw it out there that I *hate* the screen protector that I bought from Verizon.. first, I have to say that it was my fault for not checking the packaging before I left the store but the chick gave me the anti-glare screens. I'm wishy-washy on how much I like the anti-glare affect. Yeah, it's kinda okay for avoiding fingerprints, and it definitely cuts out the glare, but it cut down the screen clarity a bit - I really don't like the grainy-ness it put on the screen and I didn't see it until I pulled off the second part of the application film. I showed my phone to a co-worker and he said that the screen quality was still great even with the grainy-ness, but he didn't see it like I did fresh out of the box...
Second, and I'll include a picture, I could not get the screen to settle correctly. No matter what I do, the edges will not adhere to the phone... now, I'm realllllly good at putting on screens without lint, bubbles, imperfections, etc... and this screen does not sit correctly. Granted, the rest of the screen looks flawless but I'm really anal about how it looks and if it's not right, I'm not happy. If I had a choice, I would not get these again - I've got some replacements on the way so I have to leave what I have on there... and I don't truly think that screen protectors will keep the screen from cracking if dropped or prevent every little scratch, but I refuse to let it go without SOMETHING there to buffer it. I had a screen protector on my D1 forever and I swear the screen is 100% scratch free... I would be incredibly upset if something happened to my Rezound screen.
Luckily I got the bum screens for the Rezound from Verizon for free thanks to a deal I had with the site LivingSocial, but I will not be spending a dime on these particular ones again.
Maybe it's something that I'm doing wrong when applying them but I didn't put my fingers on the top or bottom of the screen when applying it and I haven't had a problem applying screens before... the killer was applying a screen to my Xoom... that was incredibly difficult with such a huge screen (compared to a phone).. but anyways... Just my two cents... :D

View attachment 43073 View attachment 43074

cp24eva

Reaction score
@EVSP, That the thing that I was talking about that I hated. With the Skinomi or ZAGG you wont have that issue. Had a ZAGG screen on my bionic and it worked wonders. It just takes TIME to get it right. But once it's on and you get it to where you want it, you wont have to worry about it for a long time.

EVSP

Reaction score
@EVSP, That the thing that I was talking about that I hated. With the Skinomi or ZAGG you wont have that issue. Had a ZAGG screen on my bionic and it worked wonders. It just takes TIME to get it right. But once it's on and you get it to where you want it, you wont have to worry about it for a long time.

Yup. Agreed. Patience is a virtue when applying these. I've had such good luck with applying multiple screens in the past and these little imperfections are a thorn in my side :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk