Cut out Otterbox plastic screen and added Zagg Shield. Wow!

Mondingo

Reaction score
Had the Otterbox defender series since day one. I love the protection but the plastic screen protector that comes with it bothered me, because it loses a lot of the pictures quality and the vibrant screen details. So I cut the plastic screen protector out and added the Zagg invisible shield protector. All I can say is WOW! I did not realize how amazing the screen actually looks. it is so clear and vibrant, I love it . The Otterbox with the Zagg invisible shield rocks! And not one air bubble.

Bad ass REZOUND!

drtnsnw

Reaction score
This is my plan too. I am just too lazy and cheap to do it till I need to

From my Rockin Rezound

edansgrampa

Reaction score
I have a question for you please ...

I just ordered my Rezound from Amazon Wireless - only $149.99 - and obtained an otterbox from ebay. I have seen the review on how to install the otterbox components but am intriguted by your suggestion. If I order the Zagg invisible shield do I have to oreder it specifically for the Rezound? pls let me know and thanks for the tip.

Had the Otterbox defender series since day one. I love the protection but the plastic screen protector that comes with it bothered me, because it loses a lot of the pictures quality and the vibrant screen details. So I cut the plastic screen protector out and added the Zagg invisible shield protector. All I can say is WOW! I did not realize how amazing the screen actually looks. it is so clear and vibrant, I love it . The Otterbox with the Zagg invisible shield rocks! And not one air bubble.

Bad ass REZOUND!

edansgrampa

Reaction score
Sorry for the 2nd follow up, but did you order just the screen coverage or the full body coverage from Zagg? Thanks.

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
I just ordered my Rezound from Amazon Wireless - only $149.99 - and obtained an otterbox from ebay. I have seen the review on how to install the otterbox components but am intriguted by your suggestion. If I order the Zagg invisible shield do I have to oreder it specifically for the Rezound? pls let me know and thanks for the tip.

You have to order the one specifically for the REZOUND. I had to order mine from there site because knowone else has them yet. They go fast. And it was amazing. I cut the plastic shield out and removed the glue residue very well first. Use a razor blade to cut the screen. It will be perfect.

Bad ass REZOUND!

nikecar

Reaction score
Yes, the Otterbox screen protectors are terrible!!! :blink: Mine always looks oily and dull... Thats why on my Nexus I am getting a different protector! :biggrin:

I disagree to a point. I have an invisible shield on and ipod and the otterbox protector that came with my commuter case. Both can get oily, but the otterbox one is so clear and smooth, you cannot even tell its on. The ipod protector is textured and it annoys me. It's already scratched, even with the claims it won't, and it feels like rubbery when I use the ipod. It was installed by an actual zaggs vendor that just does those.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
I disagree to a point. I have an invisible shield on and ipod and the otterbox protector that came with my commuter case. Both can get oily, but the otterbox one is so clear and smooth, you cannot even tell its on. The ipod protector is textured and it annoys me. It's already scratched, even with the claims it won't, and it feels like rubbery when I use the ipod. It was installed by an actual zaggs vendor that just does those.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

I kind of like the rubbery feel. Mine looks amazing. But I do agree with some, the Otterbox screen is too oily. Take the phone out of the Otterbox and then you will see how much it takes away from the screen.

Bad ass REZOUND!

dbmcelroy

Reaction score
Good that everyone is happy, I like Skinomi screen protector best myself. If you haven't read it yet see the speeed test that just got posted on phonearena, the rezound trounces the nexus and the razer too.! we all have the best of the big three.
Phone Arena - Phone News, Reviews and Specs

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I just did this and the difference is amazing! The built in screen is thick! The new one is nice and thin and so clear more ies look tons better on netflix and the touch response is tons better.

Thanks for the tip!

From my Rockin Rezound

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
I just did this and the difference is amazing! The built in screen is thick! The new one is nice and thin and so clear more ies look tons better on netflix and the touch response is tons better.

Thanks for the tip!

From my Rockin Rezound

Glad you like it. It's amazing the difference in clarity. And I too noticed how much better the touch screen is. Now it's just matter of keeping it clean..
Bad ass REZOUND!