Rezound extended battery life

chris79

Reaction score
How long does it typically take to charge the extended battery? And what are typical battery life times? I just had my phone warrantied and to me it seems like it doesn't charge as fast and doesn't last as long.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
If you look on the charger cable it says 3.5 hours for a standard battery and 5 hours for an extended one. I think that's from almost dead to full charge. Typical life time is subjective. I've had my extended battery last over 2 1/2 days with moderate use and set up for battery saving. Unless you're a power user an extended battery should easily last you the entire day. Mine lasts the whole day with my screen brightness at 100% and running a live wallpaper.

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
I'll add that from my USB 3.0 port on my laptop it takes 6~ hours and from the phone charger 4-4:15 hours. All with extended battery

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'll add that from my USB 3.0 port on my laptop it takes 6~ hours and from the phone charger 4-4:15 hours. All with extended battery

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

That makes sense. A usb port is limited to 500mA per hour while the stock HTC charger is rated at 1A (1000mA) per hour.

OP
C

chris79

Reaction score
Here is the screen shot that I took when I got up for work. There has to be something wrong with this refirb phone. It still isn't 100% yet and it's been on the charger for the past 3 hours.

ForumRunner_20121014_092947.png

Snoking

Reaction score
What was it plugged into for over 5 hours in the screen shot? Under settings power it shows battery status. Charging(AC) is the higher rate. Charging(USB) is the lower rate. So how are you charging it?

OP
C

chris79

Reaction score
An AC charger on my night stand. I even keep the screen turned off at night too.

OP
C

chris79

Reaction score
I've had the phone on and off for the past 2 hours checking forums and email and see its down 21% already.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're stock, you might have a bad battery...or something is eating it. Can you post your battery page?

acejavelin

Reaction score
Does the phone charge normally when you use the stock charger?

I have heard of people using cheap chargers that are rated very low (<500ma) or malfunctioning can cause this issue... a sales person in or office had problems charging his phone a few weeks ago so we asked him to bring in the charger, not sure where he got it but it looked kinda like a factory Motorola charger, but when we looked at it closer it was only rated at 5V@250mA, which he had obviously mixed up chargers for something.

I would fully cycle the battery (under 15% to full) twice with the stock charger and then see if the problems persist under the stock charger, if it clears up suspect the dock or it's P/S, if it still has issues it might be the battery itself.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have display set to auto.

View attachment 57126

If you're in a brightly lit area your screen on auto is going to eat your battery quickly.
Might I suggest you get an app called Gsam Battery Meter? It can help you fine tune exactly what is using battery including how much each brightness when it's set to auto is using. It helps find apps that might be stuck running, signal strength battery usage, etc.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

Snoking

Reaction score
Run through two battery discharge/charge cycles with the phone off while charging.