Rezound (and Tbolt) owners... no data today? Do this and you should get 3G back...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So this is a repeat of what Bolt owners went through, and a big +1 to HTC phones for having the ability to do this.

Dial ##778#, call
edit mode
password is 000000
modem settings
Rev. A
select "enable"
menu > commit
phone will reboot and you should get 3G back

This changes your network from eHRPD back to EVDO Rev.A. For LTE phone owners, eHRPD causes 3G to die (most of the time anyway) when the LTE network has problems. Get back on normal EVDO and you're good to go.

Once the network is back up, you'll want to repeat the steps to turn eHRPD back on, as the 4G/3G handoff is VERY slow on EVDO.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
trying it thanks

rasaun87

Reaction score
U think this will help with battery a little?

sent from the mothership named the VIGOR

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe, only if you also enable "CDMA Only" in the main settings, so it doesn't look for 4G. *maybe*...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
whoa whoa whoa... wait a minute here! JNT you've got my gears turning on something that I'm gonna try tonight or later today! I'm keeping my mouth shut until I found out if it works or not thought ;). Very cool tip and thanks for posting it. My 4G is back here in TN as of about 9EST, only went out at 2PM yesterday.. that's less outage then I experience with my bionic most of the time, and I've gotta say, I missed it pretty bad being gone after having no drops for over a week LOL.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
whoa whoa whoa... wait a minute here! JNT you've got my gears turning on something that I'm gonna try tonight or later today! I'm keeping my mouth shut until I found out if it works or not thought ;). Very cool tip and thanks for posting it. My 4G is back here in TN as of about 9EST, only went out at 2PM yesterday.. that's less outage then I experience with my bionic most of the time, and I've gotta say, I missed it pretty bad being gone after having no drops for over a week LOL.

would you say, overall, your Rezound's head and shoulders better than your Bionic was when it comes to the data connection and reliability? or have you experienced any similarities with regard to data drops? Just curious...

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
would you say, overall, your Rezound's head and shoulders better than your Bionic was when it comes to the data connection and reliability? or have you experienced any similarities with regard to data drops? Just curious...

It's not even in the same league! I have had only the one data dropout issue with the rezound and it was Verizon's network (nationwide outage)! I can actually leave my rezound on CDMA/LTE at my home in a 4G fringe zone and keep a connection even with the occasional swap to 4G :). Even locked into CDMA only my bionic had issues *shrug*

Also, I don't know if it makes a difference, but my RZ is a refurb. Only issue I have is pinkish soft buttons. I can live with that lol.

Last edited:

cp24eva

Reaction score
I like that feeler question jntdroid. lol. Coming from a Bionic, I don't miss it. Even when rooted had some data issues. Only thing I KINDA miss is the feel of the bionic. Just because it's different. And I use cases most of the time. So without a case for me I choose Rezound over bionic. With a case, Bionic over rezound. The case takes away from the Rezound sexiness. So I was rockin' my rezound naked.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
well I said I would mention back if my idea worked. It didn't. My thought process was with the hotspot hack. Swapped back to EVDO 3g mode added the proper (for a 3G phone) inputs for making the hotspot work, but the final verification even on EVDO somehow runs through the SIM and it would not function. It did come close as it took it a lot longer to give me the no-go screen though lol. Maybe one of these days it'll get cracked another route.

Also, I want to elaborate a bit on my data experience on the RZ. I have seen my 3g/4GLTE Icons disappear for a split second, I have never experienced a loss in connection, only seen it occur. So I tend to attribute that to being my radio attempting to swap from 3G to 4G at home in the fringe zone. Again, be it software or hardware, the RZ handles the network data connection much better than what the bionic does. And at this point I'm very happy I stuck with my guns and made verizon give me this swap, because the OTA announced as 5.5.893 is severely disappointing if the leaks coincide directly with the official updates.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
just a bump as a reminder after what happened overnight/this morning...

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hate that I'm bumping this again... but, same song, 3rd verse.

Reaction score
Hey OP! I'm new to this site and found it because I just got the Rezound and am having connection issues. I have had spotty 3g this morning and for most of the time it's not even 1x. I tried your fix but still couldn't get internet connection. I can't seem to figure this out...I hate to say it, but I might need to trade this phone in for the nexus if I keep having connection issues.

jeffe65

Reaction score
Verizon was having "Network Issues" today, so you're not alone if you're having connectivity problems. If you're not sure which it is, call Verizon and ask them if the data outage is affecting your area. Mine is normally reading 4g, and it's been at 1x all day today.

bvjens31

Reaction score
Verizon was having "Network Issues" today, so you're not alone if you're having connectivity problems. If you're not sure which it is, call Verizon and ask them if the data outage is affecting your area. Mine is normally reading 4g, and it's been at 1x all day today.

Yeah, I live in Des Moines and my rezound has been very spotty the past few days, with hardly any consistent access to 4G. It'd mostly be on 1x. Then I'd switch to CDMA auto (PRL) and I would get 3G just fine. Thought maybe it was my phone having a bad sim card or radio (even though it was nearly perfect for the whole first month), so I called tech support yesterday while waiting at Midas and the lady robot did say there was a known outage in my area. This morning I changed my phone to LTE mode (w/voice) and wala, a steady 4G signal!! I have now been on 4G for about an hour straight, so looks like the issue was fixed.....for now...dun-dun-dun!!

Whew, I really thought it was my phone there for a while! I did not want to have to take it in and get it replaced! I love this phone and I see that maybe we're close to unlock? Time to scurry over to the rezound dev forums :icon_ banana: