Stuck on 1X? How to get 3G back

DroidStang

Reaction score
If you activated Wednesday you should reboot it and if 1x take to store reactivate now that looks like Verizon getting back online

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

opsfinestsbb2

Reaction score
Thunderbolt back on Verizon in Tampa & St. Pete... 4G and 3g where thy are available. One day to realize 4G greatness.

cruiseMain

Reaction score
Aw man yeah. I just rebooted it and turned off wifi, just the 1x icon shows up and its terribly slow. Will take it to VZW tomorrow thnx

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or you can just wait it out......

Yes its much more effective to have a phone that won't even make calls or send texts.

I would wait it out too. :rolleyes:

Seriously? Considering its been almost 24 hours, I would do this.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Aw man yeah. I just rebooted it and turned off wifi, just the 1x icon shows up and its terribly slow. Will take it to VZW tomorrow thnx

LTE might not be back up in your area.....

mschool

Reaction score
4G back on on Minneapolis, and metro area. This is my first Droid phone and post. Happy to be back online!

OP
W

wakestrong

Reaction score

Since its a new phone I would suggest doing a factory reset. This will give the phone a chance to reconnect properly and fix any issues with the network. If you have already done some customization you don't want to lose, see what Verizon can do.

OP
W

wakestrong

Reaction score
Ok everyone seems to be reporting that LTE is back online, if you are in a 4G area it is advisable to make sure you switch to eHRPD to avoid bad hand offs between 4G and 3G as well as allowing simultaneous voice without hiccups.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Cruisemain the other test would try that ##778# edit mode, 000000 for password modem settings rev A change to enable hit menu button at bottom to confirm, reboot see if 3g shows

iRenegade

Reaction score
NYC back on 4G!!! Thank you WakeStrong for the 3G fix!! :clap:
After dropping in on other forums and blogs, I found that this is the place to be for ThunderBolt and Droid info sharing! I unsubscribed from a couple of others last night.
:gotmyvote:

badmeat

Reaction score
4G is back online in Cincinnati.

Johnny5

Reaction score
4G back in Columbus. Finally getting to put my new phone through its paces and it's fast!

SheIsAmore

Reaction score
So nice to wake up and have my 3G back on my phone. Now if only I could move some place that had 4G!

OP
W

wakestrong

Reaction score
NYC back on 4G!!! Thank you WakeStrong for the 3G fix!! :clap:
After dropping in on other forums and blogs, I found that this is the place to be for ThunderBolt and Droid info sharing! I unsubscribed from a couple of others last night.
:gotmyvote:

Glad I could help