Return to Stock help!

n0useforaname

Reaction score
Ok, I apologize for my ignorance, but I am trying to help a friend get her phone back to stock. Weirdly enough she was at a friends, someone STOLE the phone... rooted it, took the SD card, and threw it in the back of a truck bed.. Well it worked for a week and she thought whatever, and now when you turn it on the samsung logo freaks out and goes nuts and never boots. I've tried downloading a new ROM and putting it to the SD card as update.zip but I keep getting a (Status 7) error everytime. It's a Samsung Galaxy S.... Model: SCH-1500V.... running CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x .... I really don't know jack about these phones but can anyone just tell me how to get it back to stock? Or working? Even a ROM that would work? I've been out of the android game for a year now, so I'm rusty here. Thanx!

atreyu381

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok, I apologize for my ignorance, but I am trying to help a friend get her phone back to stock. Weirdly enough she was at a friends, someone STOLE the phone... rooted it, took the SD card, and threw it in the back of a truck bed.. Well it worked for a week and she thought whatever, and now when you turn it on the samsung logo freaks out and goes nuts and never boots. I've tried downloading a new ROM and putting it to the SD card as update.zip but I keep getting a (Status 7) error everytime. It's a Samsung Galaxy S.... Model: SCH-1500V.... running CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x .... I really don't know jack about these phones but can anyone just tell me how to get it back to stock? Or working? Even a ROM that would work? I've been out of the android game for a year now, so I'm rusty here. Thanx!

I would try posting this to the galaxy s forums. Someone may be able to give you a stock image or the sbf/fxz file to flash. I do not know anything about the galaxy s. Sorry

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk