restore backup on bionic now no service

nathan66669

Reaction score
I got VZW to send me a CPO (I hate that they do that on a 3 week old brand new phone) because the speaker was blown. I purchased Koush's bootstrapper, flashed 5.0.2.5 clockwork recovery, bootstrapped and did a backup.

switched sim and sd to new phone. I came up fine, everything worked. Restored the backup after rooting, flashing recovery through rom manager, bootstrapped with koush's and restored the backup. Everything looked like it came up fine except the phone now doesn't have service at all. It has a blank for my phone number, nothing for network and no signal strength. Also, 2 apps didn't restore, 3d mini golf and pirates of the carribean. Everything looked good, no errors during the restore.

Do you guys think I did something wrong? Maybe a bad backup? I did the restore twice, did factory reset, clear cash and dalvik. Everything was stock on both phones, just hate having to redo all my settings and loose all my progress on apps and whatnot. Plus in the future I will have custom roms and all, so it would suck never being able to restore to new device.

Suggestions?

CBMGGM

Reaction score
You will need to reactivate your phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
N

nathan66669

Reaction score
You will need to reactivate your phone.

I think there is more to it than that. It's a 4G phone, there is no activation on it. It was working fine just before I loaded the backup. I tried a factory reset on it again, and now it's stuck at the "touch the droid to begin" part. I called VZW and they were not able to do anything for me except send another new phone.

Has anyone else been able to load a backup between bionic phones? Seems it over wrote something somewhere in the phone and prevented it from network data.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
I'm assuming the phone worked properly before you did anything.

Sounds like your 4G LTE SIM card might not be activated. Have you tried re-seating the 4G LTE SIM card?

I had issues the first time I installed the 4G LTE SIM card. Instructions were something like:

1. Power down the phone, pull battery and SIM card.
2. Replace battery and power up the phone.
3. Then power down the phone; pull battery, replace SIM card and battery and power up the phone.

If that doesn't work... IDK, reflash with RSDLITE?

OP
N

nathan66669

Reaction score
I'm assuming the phone worked properly before you did anything.

Oh I screwed it up for sure. It worked fine when I put in my SIM from my other phone. It activated, I logged in. Downloaded rom manager from market and the bionic bootloader from my gmail account. rooted it then it all went haywire when I restored the backup. Some more observations. A lot of the settings were blank, system version, baseband, kernel and build all said unknown or were blank. phone number was blank network signal strength network type, all of it was messed up.

Once verizon told me to factory reset, I couldn't get past the green droid guy to activate. With a locked bootloader, I couldn't get back to the SPrecovery either right?

Anyhow, they sent me another one, but now I'm gun shy so won't restore it. Im just going to use titanium to load all my apps and start fresh.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
You can get past the green droid, you have to touch the corners one after the other. I believe you start with the top left corner and go clockwise.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Did you by any chance not update your CPO Bionic to the same system version? That would likely cause issues.

OP
N

nathan66669

Reaction score
You can get past the green droid, you have to touch the corners one after the other. I believe you start with the top left corner and go clockwise.

That is an epic shortcut! I've done so many phones over the past few years...that trick would have saved me hours of my life. +1 man!
Did you by any chance not update your CPO Bionic to the same system version? That would likely cause issues.
No I did not...not used to having to do that. My og Droid didn't really matter, guess I assumed it came with most recent update already.
I might try that first this time now that I know I can get past anything and sbf should problems arise. Thanks guys!

Last edited: