Restoring backup

mattv111

Reaction score
I flashed a new theme, and selected make back-up when it gave the the option, then I installed the theme. I want to go back to the way I had it, so I booted into bootstrap went into back & restore etc. The only restore points I see are ones that I actually did through bootstrap and not the one I did through the toolbox. How do I restore that backup? Or is there a way I can just uninstall themes? Thanks!

I on Liberty 2.0.1 on D2 btw

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure on that one. I usually dl the theme, then back out of the toolbox and install it myself. Check the liberty folder on the sd if the backup is not in the clockwork mod folder

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7-Droid addict

OP
mattv111

mattv111

Reaction score
I looked in the liberty folder and didn't see it any where. I know it made it though I had my phone in my hand the whole time it was doing it.

Check out my blog androidshouse.blogspot.com

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can't uninstall themes. Only thing to do is search the sd for the backup

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Those back-ups are either in the Liberty folder or in the associated folders of Liberty. If it's not then we'll have to give Jrummy a shout so he can change the location of the back-up to a designated folder in the Liberty folder or something.

I noticed this awhile back on Froyo, too. I did find the back-up but it wasn't in the Liberty folder. It was in some associated folder from Liberty.

Also, it would be a good solution to Jrummy to add a feature to allow us to name our back-up so we know which is which. I've gotten confused with some saved files from Liberty, Root Explorer, and other stuff because they were all numbers and dashes (numbers turned out to be the month-day-year and a couple more numbers attached to it). It can get confusing for some so allowing us to name that file right away would be a lot easier. You can still rename that file/folder with Root Explorer or whatever. You just have to remember which is which when you go to do that.

Last edited:
OP
mattv111

mattv111

Reaction score
I found it. It was in the clockworkmod folder, but instead of putting it in the 'backup' folder with the other ones it created a new folder called 'backups'. I had to move it to the 'backup' folder to restore it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what I said from the beginning. It's in the clockwork mod folder. Glad you found it though