Titanium Backup Keeps Freezing Up During Restore

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I had to SBF earlier. Forgot what I did. I am trying to restore my apps via tb but it keeps freezing up. I tried changing the app processing mode to indirect, and managed to run a validate and it verified all 120 apps as being fine. I do have a nandroid to restore, dunno why i didnt try it to begin with but just wondering why tb keeps freezing up. I did a wipe, flashed liberty 2.0.1, flashed the romer, flashed the epic blue and bold theme and booted up. This has never failed me the handful of other times i tired so dont get why now.

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
BUMP! I had some problems earlier and decided to SBF and start from scratch. Starting from stock, download the OTA update to .30 and install. Install z4root and d2 bootstrap. Apply root. Reboot. Apply Bootstrap. Reboot recovery. Wipe data/factory reset. Flash Liberty 2.0.1 for D2. Flash the romer. Flash "Epic Blue n Bold" for D2G. Boot up in to Liberty. Install latest version of TB from sd card using stock file manager. Loads up and requests root. Root access granted, license key found in root of sd card so it should be ready to go. Hit problems and downgrade Busybox to 1.16 rather then 1.17 that comes with the rom(I tried with 1.17 to though). So now I hit menu, batch, and choose to restore all apps+data. Process starts going along, and then, in this particulate case, stalled on gmote 2 9%.

Any one got any idea whats wrong here?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it's because you are trying to restore system files as well which are different. Try selecting restore missing apps and data.

If you did a full backup in TiBu then changed to a different ROM or possibly even theme then tried to restore the system files you are going to have issues. That backup can only be restored in the same exact ROM, theme, kernal, and everything else that it was when the backup was created.....minus apps and such.

What I mean is if I take a full backup in TiBu in Liberty then flash GB or even Liberty GB.....better yet....if I backup in 2.0 then flash 2.0.1 and try to restore I am going to have issues.

Only way it works is to do a full backup.....then when you restore you select missing apps and data.....not the system files.

Just my opinion and experience here....I could be missing something or misreading your question.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I am not restoring any system files at all, so that is not the issue. I choose the "restore all apps with data function" so it should not be restoring any system files, nor do I have any system back ups besides voice and market, and if they were the culprit, logically speaking it wold freeze at those apps, not on some random app like gmote or dog wars that do not come stock.

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmm.....have you tried just doing them like one app at a time and see if you can find an issue. I found my problem once was Gtunes. TiBu had several backup's of it with different versions....well what would happen is when I batched it....it would install an old version....then the newest....then one that was in the middle or something and then boom.....crash central.

Just a thought.

Let Google restore as much as possible then use TiBu for the missing stuff.