Help cant restore my backup!!!

kyle_fogel

Reaction score
im desperate!!!! my cwm backup isnt working, i cant restore any of my stuff?!?!?!?! i have cwm 5.0.2.5 and the files in the recovery folder are all .tar files and then there is the md5, when i go to restore it says md5 checksum MISMATCH or something like that. please tell me i can get all my stuff back? the files i have are these
.android_secure.vfat.tar
cache.ext3.tar
data.ext3.tar
nandroid
system.ext3.tar

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
all files are there . is one bootstrap and one safestrap?

Last edited:

milski65

Reaction score
This probably means nothing. I don't have any backups on my Bionic, but I have multiple on 2 Droid X's. All of them have the same files as you do, but the one's with the ext do not have the tar thereafter. If you've not fxz'd or anything, and am still looking for options, I'll make a backup via cwm on my Bionic and see what is inside that file. Again, I'm not sure having the tar at the end has anything to do with it. Meaning I don't know if you can just edit those 3 files and it can be restored afterwards.

Edit: Just went and made backup on Bionic with from what I understand is a modified bootstrap-BP tools version. On rooted 232. When I checked my cwm folder, the backup did NOT have the tar extension on the end. Not sure if you used the wrong bootstrap, or if you can just delete the tar on those 3 folders and try to restore it and see what happens. Could cause you to have to fxz. Just not knowledgeable enough to give you any better options.

Last edited:
OP
K

kyle_fogel

Reaction score
ive only used boot strap. and no i have not renamed it at all. ijust dont get it, the files are fairly big so i know the files are there ahhhhhh help!!!!!

milski65

Reaction score
ive only used boot strap. and no i have not renamed it at all. ijust dont get it, the files are fairly big so i know the files are there ahhhhhh help!!!!!

What are you currently running and what is the nandroid of?

Edit. And which bootstrap are you using?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
K

kyle_fogel

Reaction score
What are you currently running and what is the nandroid of?

Edit. And which bootstrap are you using?

i am running a droid bionic with the leaked .232 ics update, the nandroid is from my other phone since this new one is a replacemnt. im using bionic bootstrap that you get from the market. does it maybe have to do with the cwm version? im just so lost on how to recover everything, all my contacts and everything are in that backup

milski65

Reaction score
i am running a droid bionic with the leaked .232 ics update, the nandroid is from my other phone since this new one is a replacemnt. im using bionic bootstrap that you get from the market. does it maybe have to do with the cwm version? im just so lost on how to recover everything, all my contacts and everything are in that backup

I'm using the bootstrap - BPTools version. It's in another thread here. As far as restoring nandroid transferred from another phone, I've never done that before, so I'd not be able to offer any advice. Hopefully someone can provide some. I do have 2 nandroids, and neither have the tar ext.

striker85

Reaction score
Just found this thread because I had the same problem and the fix was to remove the spacing in the renamed file. I had changed the restore folders' names so that I could keep better track of what they were and was getting the md5 error. I removed the spacing, voila! Just putting this out there for anyone else in need.