Report your Jellybean experience

jp233

Reaction score
Chrome has been buggy and lags a ton since JB came out on this device. It's slow and it sucks wind.

Bunch of plugins don't work and aren't supported because the almighty Google wants to change the rotation of the Earth. (flash, etc)

Pics come up always as tiny little things, it has very limited options. The stock browser has a bunch more options for how you want it to look/work.

Legend21

Reaction score
Has anyone else discovered that they changed the way you swipe pictures in the Gallery now? I use to be able to bring up the Gallery and swipe my finger from the right to the left to get go through my pictures chronologically, and now it's just the opposite. The newest pictures show up at the beginning of the Gallery now, not the end. So instead of flipping pages in a book to go through them from page 1 to page 20 for instance, I'm going backwards now? What am I in China? :)

rastaman_

Reaction score
My buttons are vibrating when I type, I can't find a check by anything that indicates that should be happening??

YellowJacket

Reaction score
A couple things that are annoying me...

1. After ending a call, it takes me back to my contacs list. This happens whether I make or receive the call.

2. Phone does not "remember" my vibrate when ring setting. I'll set it and it randomly turns itself back off.

David

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
My buttons are vibrating when I type, I can't find a check by anything that indicates that should be happening??

-Go to settings.

-Go to language and input.

View attachment 61167

-Press the gear shaped button.

ForumRunner_20130314_130808.png

-Uncheck vibrate on keypress.

-Repeat for all the keyboards that you use.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Always stock, always unrooted Razr here.
GB to ICS to JB Leak to JB .16 --- always taken the Verizon OTA updates.

No issues with JB, except when the Leak came out on Xmas Eve, I now have multiple instances of contacts (basically they used to be consolidated, and would use the LinkedIn picture, now they are all spread out between all the different accounts that are linked to Contacts.

Not sure if I need to try to reconcile the list via the VZW website, or what. I can't really find any/many options by doing it on the phone. At least, I sure don't want to have to do each one by itself... that would take forever as I am currently listed as having 611 contacts. I'd rather wave a magic wand and have the lion's share of the work done for me, since it wasn't my fault it got screwed up...

Other than that, the .16 JB update seems just as fast, less buggy so far. I'm going to dump Chrome though, it is terrible. The stock browser is better.

-Go to Gmail via an internet browser.

-Go to Contacts.

-You can merge duplicate contacts much like a magic wand.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Can't figure out why contacts that use Facebook pics rather than sd card pics do not have pictures on my favorites widget? So far still trying out everything else. Google now is cool, but I erased one of my weather tiles and can't figure out how to make it come back.

Side note: had this issue in ics too, but why doesn't Swype automatically capitalize the word i?

-Your Google Now weather card will return when there's an update to it.

-I would go to the Swype settings and make sure capitalization is on, along with auto correct.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's one: When automatic application updates are downloading and installing, the phone becomes near unresponsive!! I didn't notice this with ICS nor with the JB Dec leak. Anyone else notcingin this?

jp233

Reaction score
-Go to Gmail via an internet browser.

-Go to Contacts.

-You can merge duplicate contacts much like a magic wand.

Thanks..... but I technically have no Gmail contacts. All mine are from VZW Backup, Yahoo, and LinkedIn.... I ended up fixing them manually, it actually looked like a bunch of them corrected themselves, maybe the new JB update from wednesday actually noticed they were jacked up and there were only about 15-20 that I manually joined in the phone.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Thanks..... but I technically have no Gmail contacts. All mine are from VZW Backup, Yahoo, and LinkedIn.... I ended up fixing them manually, it actually looked like a bunch of them corrected themselves, maybe the new JB update from wednesday actually noticed they were jacked up and there were only about 15-20 that I manually joined in the phone.

I think the reason for that is the slight difference in the individual contact info such as a different spelling of the first name, a middle initial or a different email address.

Same thing happened to me but rather than delete the duplicates, I used the edit feature to "join" them.

Open contacts and select the contact with multiples then choose settings > edit > join. While in the join screen, it will suggest any contacts that are similar and you can either pick the ones you want to join together or scroll through the list and pick from there.

It is a bit tedious but it definitely allowed me to celan up my contacts.

David

jp233

Reaction score
Yeah, I joined 15-20 contacts and my Contact list is back to "normal" now. Some of them, there were spelling differences on the entry name, and others there were not. Like one contact, I had 5 entries that were all named "John Doe" exactly the same (well, not actually John Doe but you know what I mean).

YellowJacket... I like it. I am sitting on Tech campus right now :)

blackmetal_virus

Reaction score
So I just noticed that the app, which I can't remember what it was called, maybe note task or task pad? anyways, its gone and it sucks cuz I did have some things on there that I really wanted to keep. Some app or features that were actually useful have been taken away from this update which is pretty sad seeing as smartphones are usually, at least in my case, being used as PDA's.

Also, is anyone else having trouble with swype? It seems like its getting a good majority of words that I swype, wrong. ICS was pretty amazing at knowing what words I type but it seems like JB is not handling it well.