Report your ICS on Razr experience here.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
xxwabbit said:
Good question. I use Quick Settings and it shows that mine is setup that way as there is a check box to enable or disable it.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

I hate to use 2nd parties for something that shouldn't have to.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Upon further investigation I looked into Quick Settings and saw that the check box is greyed out. Hmm.. Not so sure I need this app. After I uninstalled the app, I went back into settings then sounds then volumes and saw both volumes were down. So I'm a little confused about how this works too. I'm at work right now so I'll have to wait till I get home to play around with this.

rpittillo

Reaction score
Ok, ok. Saturday I went and upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S3. Today I went and got my RAZR Maxx back! To put this simple---- GS3 is the worst I have ever owned. Not worth buying. BUT!- I am not within a 4G area and do not have WiFi. They alone may be the issue with me. Nothing with the data worked for me in my 3G area.

purplehorseshoe

Reaction score
I'm wishing I kept GB on my maxx. Same usage habits and pretty much the same setup and apps. I feel like the update turned my maxx into a standard razr.

Like before, no surprise screen time is biggest drain on battery. But it seems the display is using more battery. I'm not talking about percentage, I mean the actual time the display has been on. To clarify, with ICS what my battery level is at when my screen has been on for 2 hours seems to be what my battery level would be after the screen has been on for 3 hours with GB.

i had a battery/usage diary when :eek: I was deciding whether to keep the phone but got rid of it after my 14 day return period expired. Would've been handy...

Also experience cpu lag more often.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Update took away webtop experience

I was like many, excited to get the ICS update. When I got home from my weekend trip & attempted to use the HD docking station, I discovered that I no longer had Firefox. Many of you would say that the new format is better. Think so? Go to Hulu or Hulu+ & try watching a video while connected to HD docking station or Webtop. I no longer can. The ICS update turned the phone from a desktop experience, into a tablet experience. Firefox allowed me to get around all of those "our format isn't supported by your format" messages. Luckily for me, I have 2 lines & I now use my Bionic for HD docking & Webtop. I feel ripped off.

ALSO, I can no longer use a split screen on my TV, you know, phoneview on 1 side, Firefox/webtop on the other? That allowed me to multitask as I'm a power user & use 250+ gigs per month. My phone connected to my 55" TV is no longer a giant computer, but a giant tablet with that stupid circle rather than arrow, it's hard to control.

Also, MY SMART CONTROLLER (the mouse/Bluetooth remote) lost about 90% of its functionality!. The home key, menu button, back button, search button and talk button, NO LONGER DO ANYTHING! I can answer calls with it, but can no longer hit the talk button to initiate a call.

These things heavily outweigh the good changes that were made. Those of you that are oblivious to the HD station/Webtop functionality of the phone may be in complete bliss, but as a writer/author that uses his phone for EVERYTHING, this ICS update SUCKS!

I don't have cable. I cut it off because of the usefulness of my phone. Anything my daughter & I watched came from Netflix, Hulu+, google playstore, YouTube, & other sites which don't work with Android. Many sites I go to no longer go to the Desktop site as it did with Firefox. I now mainly use my Bionic, though it's buggy & laggy with the webtop/HD dock accessories.
I never thought I'd be considering getting a Gingerbread root on my Razr Maxx just so I can use its functionality.

TWO THUMBS DOWN MOTOROLA & VERIZON!

Last edited:

mokes

Reaction score
Nexus owners were wrong. From now on....whenever some person with a Samsung phone raves about a new OS....I'll know it's code for..."this sucks...".

Even my quotes are wrong on this new keyboard. They only face one direction, lol.

211SSW

Reaction score
Limited functionality since ICS-I was about to order the dock, etc for TV for RAZR

For AlienIlluminati ,

So what you're saying is the dock doesn't function. You are far more advanced in your usage but I just had my HTC Thunderbolt early replaced by caring VerizonWireless technician who recognized that I was daily up against a limited internal memory & the RAZR is a huge improvement.
I DO have Comcast in same room as the TV where I would use the dock. Is it that you say that it's impossible to get TV or please embellish the basic info or those of us who plan to be new users and have a TV experience, is it OK to buy the dock and use Webtv or is it non-functional. How can it be tested in advance prior to buying the dock or whayever eqoipment is necessary. Also, my situation is that I'd like to have this work at various locations (different houses) & taking your dock with you.
I need the primer on what the actual situation is with ICS on RAZR (not MAXX) telling the real deal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For AlienIlluminati ,

So what you're saying is the dock doesn't function. You are far more advanced in your usage but I just had my HTC Thunderbolt early replaced by caring VerizonWireless technician who recognized that I was daily up against a limited internal memory & the RAZR is a huge improvement.
I DO have Comcast in same room as the TV where I would use the dock. Is it that you say that it's impossible to get TV or please embellish the basic info or those of us who plan to be new users and have a TV experience, is it OK to buy the dock and use Webtv or is it non-functional. How can it be tested in advance prior to buying the dock or whayever eqoipment is necessary. Also, my situation is that I'd like to have this work at various locations (different houses) & taking your dock with you.
I need the primer on what the actual situation is with ICS on RAZR (not MAXX) telling the real deal.

To clear things up, YES, the dock does still work, but it took a big nosdive in its abilities. It used to be Superman, now it's just Spiderman. I can no longer watch Hulu+ through the web browser, or at all, even while using the Hulu+ app, while connected to the dock. Also, i used to watch movies on YouTube, etc. on one half of the screen while i did other things on the other half, so no more split function. I'm sure there will be a lawsuit filed, because we bought these accessories based on their functions, then they up and took these functions away.

ALSO, yes, you can take the dock to other tv's, as I do all the time. It automatically remembers your settings, so no worries about unplugging. It's as simple as plugging the HDMI chord into the desired tv. I'm about to see if streaming a movie from Google playstore and YouTube still works. I will post my results a little shortly, but I HIGHLY SUGGEST GETTING A RAZR THAT HASN'T RECEIVED THE UPDATE, OR GET A DROID BIONIC AND GET THE BIONIC DOCKING SET UP (although it's not as smooth as the Razr setup). It's worth the extra money if you get a second line to use just for this, that is if you have unlimited data. I was lucky that I had two lines BEFORE they stopped offering unlimited data.

Don't get me wrong, the ICS OS is a REALLY NICE OS on the phone itself. Maybe just be patient and wait for a root that will put Gingerbread on your phone and switch back and forth as needed. I had this root on my Bionic until the last update. Either way, get the setup and wait for a fix, but TO ANSWER THE QUESTION THAT SEEMS MOST IMPORTANT, yes, get the setup for the Razr. It's still well worth it because Netflix and Youtube still streams flawlessly. It's just that, if you had the setup BEFORE the update, you realize how much better it WAS. It used to be a desktop computer emulator, now it's just a tablet emulator. I hope I can still stream live boxing and MMA ppv matches!

Last thing, the circle thingie used to make selections is not as accurate and harder to use than the arrow it replaced. I also suggest getting a bluetooth keyboard with mouse AND get the "smart controller". The smart controller is not only a bluetooth mouse, but it also works as a phone while your phone is docked. If you want to see the old setup in action, go to youtube and type in "Droid Razr webtop accessories" and "Droid Razr Smart Controller". Keep in mind that these accessories also work the same for the Bionic, DESPITE what the idiots at Verizon tell you.

Reaction score
[II forgot to mention that WebTv programs seem to be hit or miss. If it's a site like Hulu, it's a miss. If it's a site like YouTube, it's a hit. I haven't actually gone to the Netflix site and tried streaming videos yet since the update, but I'm about to try right now.

**UPDATE** ONLY MOBILE VERSIONS OF YOUTUBE WORK WHILE DOCKED. AS WE KNOW, MANY VIDEOS AREN'T AVAILABLE ON MOBILE VERSIONS! NO DESKTOP VERSIONS OF ANYTHING WILL PLAY WHILE DOCKED!

QUOTE=211SSW;2196164]For AlienIlluminati ,

I need the primer on what the actual situation is with ICS on RAZR (not MAXX) telling the real deal.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

211SSW

Reaction score
Airplane mode has kicked in every AM without my setting it! What's up with that?

Believe me, there's no reason for my phone to have anything to do with Airplane mode. First impressions, I thought pretty much OK with ICS but since I currently am going through rough patch, health wise, many basic uses are on hold while I'm bed bound. As I read issues & test my phone, I am amazed that my phone often does not ring. I thought it was doing pretty well!
Since my phone is new & still undergoing many setup modes, I was thinking that it had been my error but last three mornings, I find that my first messages cannot be sent because I'm notified that Airplane needs to be disabled when I first wake up! This is really annoying.
I'm using GO Launcher EX, Theme 3D Icons, huge lot of apps being tried successfully but mystified by Airplane Mode as I've no use for it. While I sleep during night is no reason for any auto action into Airplane mode. Each AM, once it's disabled, messages come through that had been blocked.
I'd enjoy some suggestions on how to avoid this setting.
This may need to be new thread but it's my first impression but I haven't heard anything about this.

Last edited:

BaSHa

Reaction score
^ I've also noticed that the phone does not vibrate on calls or texts when in vibrate mode.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Awesome on battery DROID RAZR

Sent from my DROID 3 droid does!
d069571a-3efa-1fb5.jpg

purplehorseshoe

Reaction score
But what are your actual usage times? If let my phone just sit there on standby with the screen off, my battery would last days.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Believe me, there's no reason for my phone to have anything to do with Airplane mode. First impressions, I thought pretty much OK with ICS but since I currently am going through rough patch, health wise, many basic uses are on hold while I'm bed bound. As I read issues & test my phone, I am amazed that my phone often does not ring. I thought it was doing pretty well!
Since my phone is new & still undergoing many setup modes, I was thinking that it had been my error but last three mornings, I find that my first messages cannot be sent because I'm notified that Airplane needs to be disabled when I first wake up! This is really annoying.
I'm using GO Launcher EX, Theme 3D Icons, huge lot of apps being tried successfully but mystified by Airplane Mode as I've no use for it. While I sleep during night is no reason for any auto action into Airplane mode. Each AM, once it's disabled, messages come through that had been blocked.
I'd enjoy some suggestions on how to avoid this setting.
This may need to be new thread but it's my first impression but I haven't heard anything about this.

Is it possible that there is a smart action setting that is putting your phone in airplane mode at night? Or do you have any battery saving apps that might be doing the same thing. Some battery saving apps will have a battery saving profile that will have as default of that profile to put the phone into airplane mode during the night hours. Hope you get this resolved soon, if not already.