Report: Samsung Galaxy S II Not Making Its Way to Verizon

stinger161

Reaction score
so... people are actually surprised that another outstanding android phone won't be coming to verizon?
this is always the case. the carrier with the best service gets the crappiest phones. and all the "flagship" devices go to t-mobile.
if anyone could explain this i would appreciate it.

and, isn't any nexus phone unlikely to appear on big red?

Like deja vu from when I was with the sunken ship HMS Nextel. Although I think they sucked on Motorola's tit harder than VZN. I remember fr iends on other networks getting slicker, sleeker phones and the coolest thing I could upgrade to was the Moto i930 which was so thick I was a ble to use it as a wheel chock for a car that was out of control and about to run over a baby. At least I have reliable service with VZN compared to Nexthell. And now il get to hear about the awesomeness of the GS2 from other people. This was a very wise move by Verizon. Great job guys!!

loki993

Reaction score
if vzw is going to something so seemingly dumb as to pass on the hottest android phone on the planet, what could be the reason?? i can come up with several reasons, none of which make much sense to me. the only thing that does make sense is that the Prime will be released on VZW first, it will be released in the next 2-3 months, it is a Sammy device, and it's specs are similar to, but better, than the GS2 (LTE, better screen, newer OS). if that's not the reason, then it's because vzw is dumb...

Yes, this is actually kind of bothersome if they really passed on the GSII becasue they think the Charge actually compares.

They have redesigned the SGSII for 2 other carriers, why would they have a problem changing it for Verizon?

I think they even already have an LTE version out or in development in another country

I think it's funnier that you don't realize the SGSII came onto the market in May and it still beats the Bionic other than 4g LTE that still hasn't been released.

I'm not a samsung fan, most of their phones are straight plastic, but the Bionic is late as hell to the party.

Indeed, I wouldnt "wait" for a bionic at this point, too many, well aparently 1 less now, good phones coming out to near it.

loki993

Reaction score
You know what its like saying we don't need the ipohne5 we have the iphone4. We don't need to vigor we have to thundedrbolt. We don't need the bionic we have the DX2.

Sent from my DROID2

Reaction score
So now it looks like they will be getting a beef Samsung device after all... Just as I thought!

You have just been post pwned

Godfather

Reaction score
Why must it always be a pissing contest with Android phones? My screen is better then then your screen, mine is 1.2 or 1.5 or 1gz of ram, and mine can do this and yours can't!!! iphone users are united and bashes Android as a whole.. An Android kingdom divided...We should stoop bashing other people because of the phones they want and just be happy with the phone you have. If I do not have a problem with the pentile screen it is my right if you have a problem with the screen it is your right. Just stop trying to force another who disagree with you to see your way... This is really ridiculous to me.. Apple fan boys would look at this thread and laugh at the immaturity that goes on here. Are we children? Cant we just be happy with our choice of phones and stop bashing someone else choice. The Great thing about Android is we have a choice!!!

You tell em Preach!!!!! Amen!

Reaction score
Looks to me like it MIGHT be the prime (only going by the way the specs are looking) but we will find out in less than a week one way or another :)

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks to me that if VZW is not getting it, then it might be a good time to switch to Sprint. I am tired of $135 a month phone bills, when Sprint charges $79 for the same plan that I have with VZW. The fact that Sprint is also getting one of the coolest Android phones to ever hit the market, might be enough to make me jump ship.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Lol, I was typing in the car and my dad was swerving. Some dumb cop walked into the middle of the street and just stopped, my dad was a foot away from him and he just stood there.
I meant to say, The word liar never came out of my mouth. If you really think a pentile screen is better then you're just fooling yourself

Reaction score
Wait till after the Samsung announcement no matter what IMO

loki993

Reaction score

Hmm... could that be lining up with the "GT-I9210 (W48)" from this post?

4.5 inch screen? Really come one too big. I want a phone, if I wanted a tablet Id buy a tablet. As far as Im concerned 4.3 is the upper limit for me and thats even pushing it. Replacing an already big phone with an even bigger one is not a replacement. The only way it would be ok is if they could basically make the whole front screen and have the bigger screen without making the phone any bigger.