Report: Samsung Galaxy S II Not Making Its Way to Verizon

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
4.5 inch screen? Really come one too big. I want a phone, if I wanted a tablet Id buy a tablet. As far as Im concerned 4.3 is the upper limit for me and thats even pushing it. Replacing an already big phone with an even bigger one is not a replacement. The only way it would be ok is if they could basically make the whole front screen and have the bigger screen without making the phone any bigger.

From what I've been hearing, most phones that pass the 4.3 mark are due to more utilization of the face of the phone and not a bigger overall device. Especially with the ICS phones because they can eliminate the capacitive buttons and pull the screen down even farther.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
From what I've been hearing, most phones that pass the 4.3 mark are due to more utilization of the face of the phone and not a bigger overall device. Especially with the ICS phones because they can eliminate the capacitive buttons and pull the screen down even farther.
Which is just ducky with me.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to seeing what manufacturers take advantage of ICS to make the screen larger and reduce the size of the device.

First one to do that gets my vote. Device improvements are what we need right now, bigger is not better anymore, it's just bigger.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to seeing what manufacturers take advantage of ICS to make the screen larger and reduce the size of the device.

First one to do that gets my vote. Device improvements are what we need right now, bigger is not better anymore, it's just bigger.

This has to come with increased battery management too. I know a bigger phone now usually means a bigger battery but if you keep the form the same size as the 4.3" phones of today and make the screen larger, the battery will suffer.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, sorry if this sounds stupid but whats ICS exaclty?

Not stupid at all. It's the operating system that will be on future android devices, it's been given the name Ice Cream Sandwich.

loki993

Reaction score
Ice Cream Sandwich or the next version of Android

random rom'd X

Not stupid at all. It's the operating system that will be on future android devices, it's been given the name Ice Cream Sandwich.

Lol, of course it is. Dont know for whatever reason I was thinking maybe it was some new hardware thing.

so why or how does ICS allow them to ditch the buttons?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Lol, of course it is. Dont know for whatever reason I was thinking maybe it was some new hardware thing.

so why or how does ICS allow them to ditch the buttons?

Well its a mixture of HONEYCOMB AND GINGERBREAD and as we know, honeycomb haves the home,back,search,and menu buttons as icons on the screen not as actual buttons. Or capacitive buttons. So therefore, ics will most likely have the same ability

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This has to come with increased battery management too. I know a bigger phone now usually means a bigger battery but if you keep the form the same size as the 4.3" phones of today and make the screen larger, the battery will suffer.

Hence why I said Device Improvements must be the priority.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe HTC could get a few tips from Moto hehe. The Thunderbolt and Evo....not the greatest battery life...

I got 8 hours on the stock rom. Apparently Moto has alot to learn

random rom'd X