Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Samsung Galaxy S II HD With LTE Clears FCC

samsunggalaxysiihd.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy S II HD with LTE has found it’s way to the FCC’s Columbia Maryland test facility. The device carrying the number SHV-E120L.

Originally reported in September to be headed exclusively to Korea. Now it looks like it might quite possibly show up in North America.

The speculation is that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (or is it Nexus Galaxy) and the Samsung Droid Prime, are the reasons that Verizon Wireless didn’t get the initial Samsung Galaxy S II, the S II HD LTE which ads another mysterious kink into that thought process.

The Samsung Galaxy S II HD is said to be rocking a 1.5ghz dual core processor (hopefully Samsung not Qualcomm), a 1280x720p resolution and a 4G/LTE radio. Samsung will be announcing Ice Cream Sandwich with Google late Tuesday night, so this version of the Galaxy S II may perhaps have that as well.

Via: TheDroidGuy.Com

Last edited:

loki993

Reaction score
If this is true then it makes the rumors of the Prime/Nexus having a 1.2 gig processor and other specs even less believable. It would be basically no different then this phone

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If this is true then it makes the rumors of the Prime/Nexus having a 1.2 gig processor and other specs even less believable. It would be basically no different then this phone

I wonder if sneaky 'ol VZW will sell the same phone under two different brandings, basically offering no warranty or service on the Nexus (i.e. all Google).

Anyone have an idea how long it takes a phone to hit the market after going to the FCC?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
So wait a minute here...

Is this saying that the SGSII HD = Verizon's Galaxy Nexus? I'm completely confused here...

rocktoonz

Reaction score

I disagree. Given a choice of a Nexus or this, I'll take a Touchwiz-free and bloat-free Nexus any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
So wait a minute here...

Is this saying that the SGSII HD = Verizon's Galaxy Nexus? I'm completely confused here...

No, this is a different phone.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

loki993

Reaction score
I disagree. Given a choice of a Nexus or this, I'll take a Touchwiz-free and bloat-free Nexus any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

I can just as easily root and load stock android on the GSII and have the same thing, so again whats the point. The interface and software are the least of my worries because that's pretty much the one thing we actually have some control over at least most of the time. I guess yeah it would make a difference to someone that isn't into any of that, but lets face it most people are here because they are. Most people buying the Galaxy Nexus are buying it for that reason too. Most phones are rootable, most with one click solutions even, so it would have to have superior hardware to stand apart from the other phones IMO.

Reaction score
Tired of new "ground breaking" phones dropping every 30-60 days. It's sad, but it actually makes the the "competitors" 12-18 month new device release schedule seem pretty refreshing. I guess the frustration comes from, if youre going to release a new device to the same target audience (the bigger/faster the better) then you should make it more possible to buy a new phone without laying out another $150-200 between selling your not so old phone and buying a new one retail. I see a new opportunity for a business venture. Renting phones on a monthly/bi month term, then being allowed to upgrade to the next device for the premium rental fee. dont wanna pay premium rental fee? the not so older models will be available at a lower rental cost... Someone ge ton this fast... I would def pay for such a service. (provided it proves cheaper then buying new phones retail. :icon_ devil:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Tired of new "ground breaking" phones dropping every 30-60 days. It's sad, but it actually makes the the "competitors" 12-18 month new device release schedule seem pretty refreshing. I guess the frustration comes from, if youre going to release a new device to the same target audience (the bigger/faster the better) then you should make it more possible to buy a new phone without laying out another $150-200 between selling your not so old phone and buying a new one retail. I see a new opportunity for a business venture. Renting phones on a monthly/bi month term, then being allowed to upgrade to the next device for the premium rental fee. dont wanna pay premium rental fee? the not so older models will be available at a lower rental cost... Someone ge ton this fast... I would def pay for such a service. (provided it proves cheaper then buying new phones retail. :icon_ devil:

I'm in! It should also help us to not go insane! (perk!) :biggrin:

rocktoonz

Reaction score
I can just as easily root and load stock android on the GSII and have the same thing, so again whats the point. The interface and software are the least of my worries because that's pretty much the one thing we actually have some control over at least most of the time. I guess yeah it would make a difference to someone that isn't into any of that, but lets face it most people are here because they are. Most people buying the Galaxy Nexus are buying it for that reason too. Most phones are rootable, most with one click solutions even, so it would have to have superior hardware to stand apart from the other phones IMO.

The other major difference is the form factor. If the leaked photos are accurate, the Nexus is one sexy curved phone. Again, it's a matter of personal choice, but damn I want that nexus!

Reaction score
Still hate the over saturation of the phrase "form factor" since the Droid Life Bionic hype... can we get a few synonyms plaiz?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dont know but to me it dont seem to be beneficial to both vzw and samsung to have a nexus and a sgs2 but then again it may appeal to someone who prefers that touchwiz look.