Remove power widget from notification bar

Devo_

Reaction score
I've searched everywhere for three hours :-/ all i want is to be able to use widgetsoid instead. can someone please tell me how to remove or disable the power widget built into liberty 3v2? thank you :biggrin:

JosephWoods

Reaction score
Well my experience is most of the times, you fail to solve such problems with the help of written instructions. You can get out of this problem easily if you see a practical demonstration. I would advise you to search this problem in you tube. I am sure you will widgetsoid within half an hour or even sooner.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I haven't seen the DX Liberty ROM, but to strip the power widget in the status bar pulldown background you'd need to decompile the SystemUI APK, and edit the status bar expanded XML...stripping all of the statusbar quickpanel code from that XML

OP
D

Devo_

Reaction score
Well my experience is most of the times, you fail to solve such problems with the help of written instructions. You can get out of this problem easily if you see a practical demonstration. I would advise you to search this problem in you tube. I am sure you will widgetsoid within half an hour or even sooner.

o rly? :clap:

OP
D

Devo_

Reaction score
I haven't seen the DX Liberty ROM, but to strip the power widget in the status bar pulldown background you'd need to decompile the SystemUI APK, and edit the status bar expanded XML...stripping all of the statusbar quickpanel code from that XML

i had a feeling thats what it involved, thank you for providing a useful answer.

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can decompile and strip it for you but not sure where to downl;oad the v2 of the Liberty ROM3

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Downloading now...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay...I stripped the SystemUI of the power widget pulldown quickpanel...was a little different in that the status expanded XML didn't have the actaul code for the quickpanel in it, but rather only a command to include (call up) a separate quickpanel XML that they had added into the layout folder... so I stripped that include command, but left the quickpanel XMLs since there were like four of them with quickp[anel references and didn't want to strip the actual XMLs as well in case they were referenced from other XMLs or APKs.... but the power widget panel should be stripped from the statusbar pulldon now...

I haven't tested a DX install script so see if this update.zip works, hopefully I created a proper script to install the new SystemUI .... Also, in case some other aspects of the quickpanel remain, just make sure you can nandroid back...
I'm pretty certain this should take, but don't have a DX to text it on so just adding in the cautionery comments just in case...

PowerWidgetStripped_DXLiberty3.zip

OP
D

Devo_

Reaction score
Okay...I stripped the SystemUI of the power widget pulldown quickpanel...was a little different in that the status expanded XML didn't have the actaul code for the quickpanel in it, but rather only a command to include (call up) a separate quickpanel XML that they had added into the layout folder... so I stripped that include command, but left the quickpanel XMLs since there were like four of them with quickp[anel references and didn't want to strip the actual XMLs as well in case they were referenced from other XMLs or APKs.... but the power widget panel should be stripped from the statusbar pulldon now...

I haven't tested a DX install script so see if this update.zip works, hopefully I created a proper script to install the new SystemUI .... Also, in case some other aspects of the quickpanel remain, just make sure you can nandroid back...
I'm pretty certain this should take, but don't have a DX to text it on so just adding in the cautionery comments just in case...

PowerWidgetStripped_DXLiberty3.zip

you sir are amazing :icon_ banana:
will test tonight after work :D

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Let me know how it turns out...enjoy...